Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated Mini Truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ONE THING I FORGOT
It is very difficult to change to an aftermarket servo. I thought maybe AE would have learned form Losi's mistake. Ohwell I got the Hitec 81MG in and mounted. Other than that the other upgrades were easy. I love the motor mount system makes for easy to adjust gear-mesh. Also it flies strait and handles very well. All the power getting to where it belongs.
HTH
Stephen <><
Old 12-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

I have a mamba 8000kv system in mine, it's set on normal and the drive train can take all it can dish out!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:32 AM

hey does any one know witch mamba of the 3 is the faster one
Old 12-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

I am very glad to hear it. I will have to turn up the juice.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 12-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

the 8000kv is the fastest
HTH
Stephen <><
Old 12-06-2004, 10:42 AM

but what is the name is it the compation or the performance
Old 12-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

It is the compitition X
HTH
Stephen <><

Last edited by Mr. Shookie; 12-06-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
ONE THING I FORGOT
It is very difficult to change to an aftermarket servo. I thought maybe AE would have learned form Losi's mistake.
The instruction manual will fit a NUMBER of aftermarket servos:

Airtronics 94091
Futaba S3106

With the optional servo saver setup, you can run:

Hitec HS-56HB
Hitec HS-65HB

The manual, however, also states that the HS-55 and HS-81 servos will work. They will not. That was a slight oversite included in the manual at the time of press.

Now, that's FOUR servos you can choose from, NOT including the stock XP & ACE C1016 stock servo. As far as I know, Losi only allows ONE servo for you to use....the kit one.

Ok. I am working on a setup sheet for the 18T. I got a couple requests for my setup from this past weekends SoCal Supercross event. I'll have it up and ready (in editable format) sometime this week....I hope!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Tony: Thanks for your ongoing support of those of us who are pioneers with this new vehicle!

Any knowledge of which JR servos fit????

I raced mine for the 1st time last Saturday night - the mental game is a bit tough when you know if you break something you're done BUT I managed to pull a win out of it after all!

Lots of fun & I'll be interested in seeing your set up sheet(s) for the truck! Can you give us an idea of what shock oil is in the shocks now??? I'm thinkin' a bit lighter on the rears and a bit heavier on the fronts!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Chris.

Ended up with 20wt all around. Worked well when the track was a bit more rutted up. Jumped fantastic, too!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Ok Finally broke something notable Last night out in front of my house. I set up a couple small jumps, put some Trinity street slicks(which are too large in my opinion), and put the 18T through its paces. It handled five pretty serious flips/crashes with flighing colors. I hit the last jump of the night pretty good but got sideways as the 18T did a couple of cartwheels the rear driver side axel snaped at the pin. I was quite surprised it broke due to all the abuse I had put it to just prior. I am still much impressed with the durability of this truck. I AM INSANE TO ALL MY RIDES.
I will order one tonight but would rather buy the CVC that no hobby shop has in stock. I am concerned that since AE has put out the parts but the Distubtor hasen't ordered/sent out orders. I will have to look into other ways of getting my parts for now.
Thanks for listening tomy little rant.
THANKS,
Stephen <><
Old 12-07-2004, 10:29 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Ok Finally broke something notable Last night out in front of my house. I set up a couple small jumps, put some Trinity street slicks(which are too large in my opinion), and put the 18T through its paces. It handled five pretty serious flips/crashes with flighing colors. I hit the last jump of the night pretty good but got sideways as the 18T did a couple of cartwheels the rear driver side axel snaped at the pin. I was quite surprised it broke due to all the abuse I had put it to just prior. I am still much impressed with the durability of this truck. I AM INSANE TO ALL MY RIDES.
I will order one tonight but would rather buy the CVC that no hobby shop has in stock. I am concerned that since AE has put out the parts but the Distubtor hasen't ordered/sent out orders. I will have to look into other ways of getting my parts for now.
Thanks for listening tomy little rant.
THANKS,
Stephen <><
parts are avalible, for the people who have LHS problems Ultimate Hobbies sells online and has pretty much all the stock parts, in stock.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

I tried ultimate and I couldn't find any parts just the truck.
I did get some axels ordered and they should arrive today.
But I am looking for more than just the axels and Horizon is not even showing they are even available till like the 15th for most of it.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
shot me a link if you were able to find were the parts section of ultimate.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

i was at the AE main office yesterday. No CVD's, titinium turnbuckles or aluminum shocks available yet. All the stock parts are available though.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:48 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Did you call them?

I tried ultimate and I couldn't find any parts just the truck.
I did get some axels ordered and they should arrive today.
But I am looking for more than just the axels and Horizon is not even showing they are even available till like the 15th for most of it.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
shot me a link if you were able to find were the parts section of ultimate.
I work there they have everything in stock trust me. except front arms, sold out, but hopefully well have more soon.

you have to call them, everything is not going to be posted online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.