Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best SC Basher? SC10 4X4 | Losi TEN-SCTE 4X4 | Slash 4X4 | Durango DESC410R

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Best SC Basher? SC10 4X4 | Losi TEN-SCTE 4X4 | Slash 4X4 | Durango DESC410R

Just curious on what people think is the best basher. I am not even sure if the SC10 4x4 is out yet.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no brainer bro!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sm_bailey77
no brainer bro!
To extend on this, Slash 4x4 by far. Losi would be 2nd. Durango doesn't belong near any basher (it's a race bred kit and for racing ONLY. You treat it like you would a real race car).

SC10 4X4 not out yet
Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

id go with any of the above except the slash, the slash is built to where if you hit a rock right on the underside it will break the rear shock tower the rear skid plate and sometimes the chassis just my 2 cents
Old 03-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Not sure if it's out yet? Well it's a good thing you have it up for contention. It's not out yet, but I'm sure it will be the best basher out, it's Associated.

Originally Posted by youbleed
id go with any of the above except the slash, the slash is built to where if you hit a rock right on the underside it will break the rear shock tower the rear skid plate and sometimes the chassis just my 2 cents
This is also true. I was on the design team and it was designed to do so. It's kinda like a hat trick if you could bust all three at once.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Ok, what the heck? Anytime anyone asks about a Slash everyone immediately says "ONLY GET IT IF YOUR GONNA BASH." Now someone asks which one to get JUST for bashing and people still won't suggest the slash. This community is funny.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My vote goes to the Losi Scte, my bros slash has broken more than my Losi.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
Ok, what the heck? Anytime anyone asks about a Slash everyone immediately says "ONLY GET IT IF YOUR GONNA BASH." Now someone asks which one to get JUST for bashing and people still won't suggest the slash. This community is funny.
Seriously. It just goes to show how many people don't think before they speak, and when they speak they're just regurgitating what they've heard.

I can't wait to get back on the track. Last practice day I was out there, I was smoking the Losi's.......with my useless Slash. But as to keep myself grounded, I'll also add that I crumble on race day. lol. And the last race day I had, first place had 5 laps on 2nd. First place was a Losi, I was in 2nd. hahahaha. But the guy is a good driving rolling around in a dump truck.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

if i was gonna bash one i'd pick the losi once they get the hardened diff pin issue ironed out
Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

a good basher and good racer share a lot of the same qualities

I'm still not sold that SCT rc's make great bashers though, lowish ground clearance means they can't handle very rough terrain
Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The Slash..look on u tube and see the crazy stuff people do with them..
Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Slash for sure. I wouldn't bash any of the other trucks simply because of the prices. The Slash RTR is the price you pay, if not less than some of those kits. The Slash does it's job bashing, and you can have fun racing if you want.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I beat the hell out of my slash. It's my skate park terror.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

I would say the Losi, I've had a Slash 4x4 and currently have the Durango. The Durango is like a Ferrari next to the others but is about as durable as a piece of glass (lots of hop ups needed to make it stronger at which point it might not be bad as a basher, but an expensive one at that) On the track it's great, but even for racing it's ultra fragile and requires special care in building/maintaining the drivetrain (this things got more shims spacers and things needing a file than I've ever seen in an RC Car and literally one 0.1mm shim off, or one loose grub screw (even red locktight doesn't always do the trick, and there are many of those also) and kaboom goes the expensive tranny.

The Slash 4x4 has it's own issues such as if you are bashing anywhere there might be gravel (like most places most of us bash) it will eat ring/pinion/center diffs (if you have it) up like a Tasmanian devil. I even tried the overtray, undertray, and a slew of homemade fixes to no avail. Even if you get the top figured out the driveshaft design acts like a gravel/dirt funnel and likes to scoop dirt into the drivetrain. Mine had huge problems with the stub axles bending if you looked at it wrong, but I think they fixed that. I have also heard the Outerwears cover for it makes a big difference and overall it's pretty durable otherwise. I did hate the way it drove though, kind of like a real fast school bus when the set-up was good that is, when bad, it was like that rocket car you read about in the Darwin awards.

The Losi is basically an 8th scale (see 810 buggy with a SC body on it), once they get the diff pin thing figured out which it sounds like they already have, it should be a rock.

The SC10 4x4 well it's not out yet but generally belt drive, two transmissions, and a complicated layout would not be looking good for bashing. But then again the 2wd SC-10 (with rpm bumper and arms) is a great basher and racer, so.... Overall though at the track the Durango and Assoc. look like they'll be the quickest. I got 2nd in the A-main 2 out of 2 races the first of which was my first time running it at all, with mine to another Durango, in a field full of Slash 4x4s, but... on average, every race, half the Durangos DNF'd or DNS'd while still fixing problems from the previous race (mine included). Honestly though I would say an 8th scale truggy or buggy would be the overall best thing if you can pull of the $$
Old 07-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Want to bump this thread since the SC10 4x4 came out and the others have been out for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.