4S 2S Lipo setup

Old 03-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 4S 2S Lipo setup

I have a traxxas slash 4x4 and planning to convert my Losi 1.0 buggy to electric. For the Losi conversion I plan on using the tekno v4 kit .

I wanted to purchase multiple 2S lipo batteries for versatlity, so I can use single pack in my traxxas and put two in series for the Losi to use throughout the day.
Guys at the hobby store were saying that two packs wont fit well in the losi and I would need to purchase a solid 4S for the buggy.

Is there that much of a difference between stacking two 2S lipo in series vs. one 4S?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

should be similar to wiring up two saddle packs for 2S in many buggies. Also you can have the CG lower by arranging them side by side if there is space in on the chassis. But you are making the car a bit heavier because of the extra hardcasing of two packs vs one 4s one.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I love the 2s in series idea. You can rotate packs to rest them, match two that have the same discharge characteristics, replace bad packs and keep good ones cheaper, go race 10th, shift your weight around. Recommend sites like towerhobbies, Hobbypartz, etc that give dimensions in mm, so you can get a good idea for fit before commiting.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It should work fine , the Tekno kits have pretty big trays in them , I have a V3 converted 8T and have ran stacked 2s packs in it before , sure it will be a few grams heavier than 1 4s pack but like you said you can use the batts in more than just one car .
Old 03-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks. That is what I thought. Switching them around from one vehicle to another.

Does is matter if the C ratings are different when putting Lipos in series?
Is there a noticable difference between 40-50-60C packs?