Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Im new to brushless >

Im new to brushless

Im new to brushless

Old 03-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Im new to brushless

I was going brushless with a associated sc10 and i was wondering if the Castle Creations 1/10 Sidewinder SC System 3800kV was a good set-up, i have never ran a brushless system before and was needing some info on some good set-up,preferably motor esc combos.This truck is strictly racing if that helps. Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Suspended

Well, if its only going to be for racing, dont go with a castle motor. castle motors are not sensored. I run a mamba max pro esc and a novak ballistic 13.5. I highly reccomend this set up for racing. When you run sensored you have a good advantage. With a sensored esc and motor you can run what is called turbo or boost. I think only tekin rs models and mamba max pro allows you to do this. What it is is at a certain rpm of your choice, a turbo will kick in rocketing your car. You can set turbo speed as long as you monitor motor temps.

If you are like me and money is something that is tight, go with my set up of mamba max pro and sensored motor of your choice. mmp is like 75 cheaper than the tekin esc's. It can do just as much stuff.

Good Luck with everything
Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

There have been a lot of threads on this, a lot of information is here if you do a simple search, but more importantly, you need to find out what motors are allowed at your track, what class you will be running, etc...

If you plan on running open 2wd SC, then yes, that is a fine combo. Otherwise, in any sort of spec class, it wouldn't be allowed. Castle stuff is generally not ROAR approved.