Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX6E M-Spec ECO or Losi 8IGHT-E 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default Mugen MBX6E M-Spec ECO or Losi 8IGHT-E 2.0

I am debating which should I get and would like to get feedback.

I would have loved to get a Kyosho Inferno MP9E Limited Edition Electric but it is way too expensive.

I really don;t care much about local parts availability. I am more interested in Durability, Performance, Support, Flaws.

I would like a buggy I can enjoy without breaking a zillion parts and that is easy to setup and drive.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LowBoost
I am debating which should I get and would like to get feedback.

I would have loved to get a Kyosho Inferno MP9E Limited Edition Electric but it is way too expensive.

I really don;t care much about local parts availability. I am more interested in Durability, Performance, Support, Flaws.

I would like a buggy I can enjoy without breaking a zillion parts and that is easy to setup and drive.
Rc8be
Old 02-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

After looking at the MBX6E that just arrived to my shop, I would definitly say get the Mugen over the Losi for sure. The buggy seemed set up well and definitly looked tough and nimble on a track. I really liked how the center gear has a full cover over it to prevent rocks from getting in there. I've been a Kyosho guy for years and after building the latest Kyosho MP9 TKI2 for the owner I though for sure I would have to get the Kyosho MP9E. But after looking at the Mugen it has all the same qualities as the MP9 and a lot cheaper.

+1 for MBX6E
Old 02-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any concerns with the MBX6E's battery tray? Could that angled corner cause damage to batteries during a hard hit?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

So what did you end up going with? I've narrowed my choice down to both of these buggies. But I don't know which yet. I can get the 8ight-e for $475 or the mbx6e for $430. Decisions decisions.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Mugen nuff said....
Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Mugen. No problems with the battery tray. that is what the battery straps are for. I have taken some hard hits, and the thing just keeps on going. Easily the best made and running EScale out there.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Mugen nuff said....
+1
As a biased Mugen owner, I second that...
Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx
So what did you end up going with? I've narrowed my choice down to both of these buggies. But I don't know which yet. I can get the 8ight-e for $475 or the mbx6e for $430. Decisions decisions.
I ended up purchasing two MBX6ECOs. As for the battery tray... just add some foam padding to the sides and make sure the pack fits snugly and tighten the straps carefully.

Honestly, that tray is the only negative for me. If they would have put a taller stopper in that angled corner it would be easier with the packs. I broke two brand new Turnigy hard-cases. (Before foam padding) My Thunder Power case survived with no problems. I fixed the Turnigy's and will give those to my son. I bought a few more Thunder Power packs.

The car is a pleasure to drive... maybe a little loose in the rear depending on track conditions... I will be heading out tomorrow to start testing and making changes.

+1 for MBX6ECO