Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Turnigy Lipo's... >

Turnigy Lipo's...

Turnigy Lipo's...

Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife
big squid rc did a test with the turnigy .....http://www.bigsquidrc.com/lipo-batte...-3-4s-edition/

Last edited by T. Herwig; 03-12-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
+1

These lipos are great for the price! Just as good as any of my "Name brand" packs!
you must not have read the test....
Old 03-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

ROAR approved is the way to go since some events only allow those types. Gens lipos are cheap and you won't be turned away after driving to the race.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't realize they had done another test. I was assuming it was the original one. After reading I see now.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
I didn't realize they had done another test. I was assuming it was the original one. After reading I see now.
Might not be able to tell on some tracks but if you race 8 minutes or more on a big track with jumps that you need big power to clear you will notice I am sure. They are not bad and other cells they make might do better also notice though they were 4500 mAh others were 5000+. I have noticed a difference usually its after 5 minutes or longer in a mod 2wd SCT with a 10.5 or 8.5 motor. Not saying you still can't win or do well but there is a difference
Old 03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Might not be able to tell on some tracks but if you race 8 minutes or more on a big track with jumps that you need big power to clear you will notice I am sure.
Indeed. I read the test on the 4S packs just now. Edited the post to avoid confusion.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Who gives a shit. Maybe in onroad, but in onroad, you have more power than you can transfer to the ground.
I run Turnigy lipo's in my car for more than a year. I've had 1 cell went bad after 14 months of use. I guess that can happen to any brand lipo. And since they are only 50$, you can replace them anytime.

A mate is sponsord by Orion/kyosho and he was driving with the expensive Orion lipo's. Now he's driving with Turnigy, because they are as good as the Orions, but much cheaper.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

big squid rc did a test with the turnigy .....http://www.bigsquidrc.com/lipo-batte...-3-4s-edition/

I dont like that test because they dock it for having less MAH when it is the smallest lipo and they are testing it against lipos with way higher C ratings..
Old 03-13-2011, 03:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

that test is BS.

in order to have a true test, all variables need to be the same, until those variables are the same, the testing is inconclusive, and isnt worth a damn!!

didnt any of you pay attention in science class? take a DEEPER look into those stats...and you find some surprising info that nobody else cares to point out...

thunder power battery under load was 8.31 MAH per second...
checkpoint battery under load was 8.31 MAH per second...
ace battery under load was 8.31 MAH per second...
venom battery under load was 8.31 MAH per second...

turnigy was 8.308 MAH per second...so the battery costing 250 dollars, with a 800mah greater capacity, and a claimed 25c higher rating, can only sustain 2 thousandths of a MAH higher then a 35 dollar battery?

Of course the voltage drops off faster, its a smaller capacity battery!

these tests are so biased its hilarious!

in my SC8E{which is a high amp draw vehicle} i have no issues running until the battery dumps to my LVC cut voltage{3.5 volts per cell} it will hit the triple with the same authority throughout the run.

Until someone shows me that im getting an extra 220 dollars worth of battery, ill stick to my "junk" turnigys!

Last edited by FTSC10; 03-13-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Thank you FTSC10, I thought the exact same thing when reading that "test". What a bunch of BS.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Thank you for all of your replies...

And to those who suggested I use the search, for one I did try and had quite a few results that had nothing to do with what i searched for,I suggest you try to search sometime and see how it works for you...I have had no succes with it...
Old 03-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FTSC10
that test is BS.

in order to have a true test, all variables need to be the same, until those variables are the same, the testing is inconclusive, and isnt worth a damn!!

didnt any of you pay attention in science class? take a DEEPER look into those stats...and you find some surprising info that nobody else cares to point out...

thunder power battery under load was 8.31 MAH per second...
checkpoint battery under load was 8.31 MAH per second...
ace battery under load was 8.31 MAH per second...
venom battery under load was 8.31 MAH per second...

turnigy was 8.308 MAH per second...so the battery costing 250 dollars, with a 800mah greater capacity, and a claimed 25c higher rating, can only sustain 2 thousandths of a MAH higher then a 35 dollar battery?

Of course the voltage drops off faster, its a smaller capacity battery!

these tests are so biased its hilarious!

in my SC8E{which is a high amp draw vehicle} i have no issues running until the battery dumps to my LVC cut voltage{3.5 volts per cell} it will hit the triple with the same authority throughout the run.

Until someone shows me that im getting an extra 220 dollars worth of battery, ill stick to my "junk" turnigys!
There was a gap in voltage under just a 30 amp load. Power is Volts * Amps = Watts and when you are talking about punching it less watts =slower in speed and excelleration. Go to a higher draw what do you think you would get? A wider gap in voltage or smaller gap? Taking the mean draw over time well under a cells C rating thats constant will not tell you the whole story unless we are racing on a track where you just pull the trigger once, on a track there usually are sections where braking, soft excelleration and full excelleration are needed and everything inbetween you should be able to tell the difference. I jump around packs much like others might change gearing only thing there is weight also plays a role, but if there is a limit to traction I drop down to a weaker battery if everything else feels right.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer53
Thank you for all of your replies...

And to those who suggested I use the search, for one I did try and had quite a few results that had nothing to do with what i searched for,I suggest you try to search sometime and see how it works for you...I have had no succes with it...
I've tried searching some things too and his forum is so big sometimes it's hard to find your answer.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the other funny thing to me is how they never tested a Max Amps at Big Squid.... and they have Max Amps ads on the page.. I wonder why they would not test them.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There was a gap in voltage under just a 30 amp load. Power is Volts * Amps = Watts and when you are talking about punching it less watts =slower in speed and excelleration. Go to a higher draw what do you think you would get? A wider gap in voltage or smaller gap? Taking the mean draw over time well under a cells C rating thats constant will not tell you the whole story unless we are racing on a track where you just pull the trigger once, on a track there usually are sections where braking, soft excelleration and full excelleration are needed and everything inbetween you should be able to tell the difference. I jump around packs much like others might change gearing only thing there is weight also plays a role, but if there is a limit to traction I drop down to a weaker battery if everything else feels right.
Depending on the specific comparison, they may be 100% the performance of a more expensive pack, or 95-97% in some aspects. In this particular rest, the turnigy was best in weight, and measured capacity as compared to rated capacity. In any case, getting 4 turnigys for the price of 1 of the other packs is a huge benefit to those on a budget.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.