Wiki Posts
Search

Losi XXX-SCB Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdemegs
Caspers SCT setup is a good place to start if your looking for something to follow.

I had 6 or 7 7g weights down each side, with it biased towards the front (on my truck I also has weights added up by the shock tower but cant remember if i did this on the SCB too) Id usually run 35wt up front with a blue buggy spring, 32.5 out back with pinks or what was originally the front silver spring on the xxx. By limiters in the springs, I mean you add spaces inside the shocks on the shaft so at full extension the shock is shorter. Don't need a ton of clearance on carpet IMO. the Rear camber was at least -2 i'd usually be a little more with new tires and Id back off as they wore some. Front I was around 1.5 but its also vary with tire choice. I run a mini pin or mini spike type tire (dBoots or Schumacher). I will cut the outer row, sometime two rows of pins off the front tire, and then wrap the outer edge with electrical tape, this will allow it to slip as its gets up on edge before it traction rolls. I usually barely cover what was the outer row of pins I cut, the bulk of the tape is on the sidewall. too much tape and it'll push like a MoFo on ya.
Ahh great info. Gonna try these things. Clearance not really an issue my b5m rides really looooow. So does my desc410. Appreciate the help. Never thought about trimming the pins but makes sense since traction is a non issue under thoss conditions I could spare to slide some and I see where it would be beneficial. Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like this has been discontinued. To bad, I have a lot of fun with mine, also easy for new drivers to learn on
Old 09-01-2016, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sgtlt
Looks like this has been discontinued. To bad, I have a lot of fun with mine, also easy for new drivers to learn on
Yup, my favorite 2wd vehicle. Always make the amain, just gotta figure out how to get more on power steering. I run on carpet so gonna try tires first.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

I sold my xxx SCB and got the TEN SCBE and I love the SCBE, but I really miss the simpliscity of the xxx SCB. Been looking to buy another one ever sense.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Losi XXX-SCB Blast From The Past

Got this old buggy running again. I forgot how much fun it is.