Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
When will a 100% brushless 1/8 buggy come out? >

When will a 100% brushless 1/8 buggy come out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will a 100% brushless 1/8 buggy come out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Being in the hobby for a long time means not that much. You have been in the hobby for 30 years and nobody has ever heard of you? Yes, you must be pro level

Being in the hobby for 30 years tells everyone that you have been in the hobby for 30 years, nothing more, nothing less. I know people that have been driving for 50 years, playing guitar for 30 years and guess what? They have been bad at it the entire time. Just because you do something for a long time does not mean you are an expert.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
Yes, with the stock chassis the VE8 is a total piece for real 1/8th scale racing. I am not talking about dinky, little indoor tracks running a 2s battery. I am talking about a real track with jumps that can't even clear with a 2s battery. The best thing you can do to a VE8 is buy a Tekno chassis for it.

I don't care what you think my credibility is. I have been around this hobby for almost 30 years. I have seen every drive train out there and I have seen them all come and go and then come back again. If you think the current designs of 1/8th scale buggies are the best they can be, then you obviously haven't been in the hobby for very long. The current breed of 1/8th scale buggies remind of the 1/10th 4wd electrics that were available in the late 80's and early 90's. Heavy and handling that leaves much to be desired. I enjoy trying to make these things better. Hopefully some company with resources tries to do the same.
Yeah, the stock chassis was garbage. I cracked two of them. However, I was still racing with it indoor and out for a year with the stocker. I was very competitive with it. I ran it a Revelations Raceway for a while. It's a very large track with huge jumps. Won a few races and always placed in the top 3 every time. Seems like a fine racer to me. It only got better when I switched to the HHH.

Like everything else, I'm sure there is room for improvement. New materials, better chassis layouts, etc. I'm sure all that is coming. My issue is, why does it need to be turned into a 1/10th scale 4wd clone to be considered a "real electric buggy"? I took a good look at those buggies. I saw very fragile and unstable cars that broke down constantly. If that's what people want, then why not just race 4wd mod.

"Heavy" and "handling leaves much to be desired"? So what? You could say the same about SCT's. That's part of their charm. Not everything needs to handle like a stadium truck to be fun. The minute they try to "improve" the SCT to handle like 2wd buggy, I'll be leaving that class in a heartbeat.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter

Right now we are doing r&d in Asia on the new 1/8 stuff. I personally want to wait for the hype of the Agama/Team Durango/JQ to die down so the plan is beginning 2012 for the new stuff. This is not mean't as a slam, but it is very nice to see those companies having "issues" also as it proves that our cars are actually very good.

Yes, we fully and openly have and always will ask for and identifyand ADMIT and FIX issues that Caster vehicles have.

We already have sorted the issues on the sniper drivetrain and we did it in less than 30 days productionwise, 60 shipping wise. We will have a version 2 that should be arriving next week.

As for the "true brushless 1/8" as far as I am concerned, we did it, but there are reasons behind everything. Obviously, any manufacturer wants as many parts to be similar as possible, so that is why we did what we did.

Dustin has a very radical design that we could have done 2 years ago, but ROAR and RCPro would have had a heart attack and I was concerned about how tough it would be. There is nothing worse than having a product that has been lightened up to 1/10 scale running in 1/8 because it is fragile like a 1/10 and back then we certainly didn't need any more "problems"
That has always been my concern with Caster. The franken-buggy syndrome. I bought a 1.5 and two weeks later the kit was shipping with different parts...shocks or pistons or something.

So you didn't release a revolutionary product because ROAR would have had a heart attack? I must admit, English is my first language and I frequently have trouble understanding what you are trying to say and if you mean to be funny, factual or confusing.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNIPR
Stormer Hobbies sells Caster Ex1.5r car/parts...
Not the 1.5 chassis...only the race roller 1s chassis for $199.