Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wait for viper 1/8 or get problematic rx8

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Ended up going with mmp and tekin 1900kv combo on turnigy 4s. Best bang for the buck all the way around and i have 1 year warranty on the mmp, cant beat that.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aceinthesky
Ended up going with mmp and tekin 1900kv combo on turnigy 4s. Best bang for the buck all the way around and i have 1 year warranty on the mmp, cant beat that.
Nice choice, you will be very happy with that setup! The MMP is very programmable as well!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Team Tekin

sorry dude i'm not mad but i guessed it sounded bad the way i wrote it. i just don't like to rely on people and not have a longer garantied warranty.
Our warranty covers manufacturer defects, which will generally show up in far less than 120-days...which is 4 months, mind you. I think that's a pretty fair warranty considering this stuff is race equipment and gets beat to death. You can't tell me you don't run your stuff hard, you'd be lying. I run my stuff hard, the key is to run it within it's limits and not damage it by user error.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Awesome combo!

I love mine. Although I went with the GENS ace lipos from hobbyparts.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a ton of experience with 8th scale brushless. I have 3 Castle MMM and 3 Tekin RX8 systems, a Castle XL, as well as Tekin and Castle 1/10th systems.

I have numerous NEU motors as well as Tekin truggy motors and run between 4S and 6S lipo with the Baja on 8S.

After 4 years I can tell you that Castle had tons of issues...(I went through more than 10 MMM) and Tekin had their RX8 issues.

I am very impressed with how smooth my RX8 is. I prefer it hands down. The best setup is 6S on the 1500kv truggy motor by far. Runs much cooler than 4S on 2050KV.

Castle has been really closing the gap on the sensored advantage (from a stop) and the new XL controller in the Baja is so good, no one can believe its sensorless.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Tekin has a bit of catch up to play in the way of service though. My first Castle XL blew on the first run and they sent me a new controller at no charge without me sending in the blown one. Tekin's service has been more frustrating at times. Kinda 50/50.

Bottom line, I believe Tekin has a better controller for 1/8th and a way better one for 1/10th.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
Our warranty covers manufacturer defects, which will generally show up in far less than 120-days...which is 4 months, mind you. I think that's a pretty fair warranty considering this stuff is race equipment and gets beat to death. You can't tell me you don't run your stuff hard, you'd be lying. I run my stuff hard, the key is to run it within it's limits and not damage it by user error.

why is 1 year warranty not even more fair. castle has set the bar when it comes to warranty, and service. you guys at tekin should take note like viper did and offer 1 year warranty.