Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
RC Insurance Poll >

RC Insurance Poll

RC Insurance Poll

Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
Ok. I need the number of teeth on your spur gear, your pinion size & gearing, as well as current limiter settings

Sorry, denied.
13.5, 78t spur, 26t pinion...you didn't ask the make/model of car, you didn't ask on road/off road, you didn't ask a number of legitimate questions.

Your "Sorry, denied." answer seems to be far too ready to be an actual insurance provider. Or is it?

If this is your answer to every claim, then yes, by all means, go into business...but expect to be sued like the insurance company that didn't cover ThunderbirdJunkie's uninsured motorist claim when some illegal immigrants, that were proven to be illegal, rammed into his 3 year old Explorer back in 2004...
Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I'll say for my first 1-2 posts in this thread I for some unknown reason thought this was an insurance salesman testing the waters for some goofy reason....then things went way wrong... entertainment value has been priceless though..
haha, im growing very tired of people being so "touchy" in this day and age. anyone who knows me personally knows ill help anyone and everyone who needs it, or asks, im usually the guy at the track either loaning equipment, or helping people with there setups, then again, people help me as well, what comes around goes around.

but when i have something to say, i dont sugarcoat it, nor do i want things sugarcoated for me, im a grown man, i can take it
Old 03-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Look at it this way: you just admitted you've been posting on the thread only to troll people for your own entertainment, yet at the same time you're calling other people's maturity into question and boasting about your own. What are people supposed to think?

I guess if that's what it takes to have a fun afternoon...
Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by simplechamp
Look at it this way: you just admitted you've been posting on the thread only to troll people for your own entertainment, yet at the same time you're calling other people's maturity into question and boasting about your own. What are people supposed to think?

I guess if that's what it takes to have a fun afternoon...
i said what i meant, and i meant what i said.

the guy who thinks this is a good idea, no matter WHO he is, is an idiot, and has simply ZERO grasp on reality.

people can think whatever they wish of me, they can also say whatever they wish, im a grown man, im not going to get all emo and upset about it like the majority of people seem to do these days.

the sidepart of this thread, was that it has created entertainment for myself, and others{based on the pm's ive gotten}
Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I gotta say that anyone who would put an idea like collision insurance for an R/C car on a forum for anything other than a joke would fall into the idiot category.

Really, collision insurance for an R/C car..
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=FTSC10;8749565]i broke a neighbor's kids uncle in half because he stepped in front of my slash while i was doing 60+ speed runs..You broke a neighbor kids uncle in half! SICK!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Guys,

3 pages in 24 hours over this. I'd say it was a good topic and something fun to talk about. Check out a few of the posts below that came up:

Originally Posted by Ed237
Most homeowners policy exclude coverage for 'motorized land vehicles' such as cars and ATVs but that does not apply to RC cars. This is because 'vehicle' implies something that can transport people or goods which is not what an RC car does.

RC cars are covered as 'unscheduled' personal property if damaged by fire, lightning, water from a ruptured pipe inside your house, theft and a few other perils.

If your RC cars and equipment is over $2500 it might not be a bad idea to go to your agent and get additional coverages for more perils by 'scheduling' their RC equipment.
Originally Posted by Doxiedad
I'd be more interested in a liability coverage honestly. If my truck is destroyed or stolen you're out what maybe 1-2 thousand dollars at worse? Yes it's a lot, but compare that to if you injure someone with your truck and they sue!! I can assure you that it'd be several times the value of your truck easily
Talk to your agent, an umbrella policy would actually cover this..

Well.....at the track, not likely to be an issue, even though a good lawyer will wipe his a$$ with any waiver people may sign. I would have to say that if you take your HPI B5 and hit the old blue hair standing at the bus stop at 50mph and bust her hip in half. Her a-hole lawyer son might just take you to court..
[QUOTE=simplechamp;8749526]I don't see what's so ridiculous about wanting your RC investments covered on your homeowners insurance. That's what homeowners insurance is for, to protect you financially in the event your home and/or possessions are destroyed. I think liability insurance for inuring someone is a stretch, but I don't see how insuring the RC stuff against loss is any different than any other stuff like home electronics or major appliances[QUOTE]

Simplechamp, I think you might have missed the histerical parts of this thead, those being someone wanting to have collision insurance on a R/C car. Most will agree that covering thousands worth of R/C stuff under your homeowners policy is a good idea it just takes a little more work being that most companies will want you to varify the cost of what you're covering. Theft is the big one as far as that goes. If you can't verify what was stolen it's hard to get your money. With a lighning stike on your $2000 TV it's easy, it's still in the living room.

I will say this is one of the dumbest threads we've had in awhile, but it's funny..
Perhaps some of you didn't know it was covered under a homeowners policy. I for one didn't think it was. I called my agent and asked. They are willing to insure all of my RC items with an endorsement. I know some of you said it doesn't cost you anything; mine said it will be $2.00 extra a month premium to cover all of it against any kind of perils my homeowners falls under.

Insteresting fact, and I didn't know that until I posted this up for fun.

Also, I didn't know tracks have a "waiver" for injuries. That too is something I learned based on this conversation.

Also, the concept of an "Umbrella" policy came up. Without the power of google, I wonder if the smart alecks that keep saying over and over again "This thread is dumb, blah blah,.." even know what one is without the power of google and then coming across as intelligent to there RC tech peers.

An umbrella policy would cover against liability suits; probably even deriving from an RC injuring someone. I'd say that's something to look into and confirm because homeowners covers "home" and auto, covers "auto"; and I'm not familiar with a personal property coverages causing injury to someone else. That is like getting coverage for your toaster injuring someone because it's propelled at someone in excess of 50mph.

But...... again. You critics can run your mouths all you one about how stupid this thread is. I learned something and I'm appreciative I did. I think it's a fun conversation and if you feel your life is being wasted going through this; well, it's a simiple solution:

"Unsubscribe".

The mere fact these critics continue to respond and show their dissatisfaction with this conversation shows that they:
a. don't have a life.... at all
b. have a low self esteem and are trying despirately to boost their own with the put down of others.
c. despirately seek attention
d. all of the above.

I for one go with "d. - all of the above". Thanks to those that put in some useful information as I have quoted above.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well I'm not sure exactly where you put ME in that list but if people can read throught the sh$t storm there is some valuable information in there. Umbrella policies for those who may not even know they exist or what they are and some may have thought all the their R/C stuff stuff was covered when it may not have been, and how to make sure it is.

If the whole collision/comp. for R/C cars part wasn't in there this thread may have gone a different way.....
Old 03-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, I would buy it.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Well I'm not sure exactly where you put ME in that list but if people can read throught the sh$t storm there is some valuable information in there. Umbrella policies for those who may not even know they exist or what they are and some may have thought all the their R/C stuff stuff was covered when it may not have been, and how to make sure it is.

If the whole collision/comp. for R/C cars part wasn't in there this thread may have gone a different way.....
I put you in there because of your statement about putting thousands under your homeowners and taking a little more work to verify the cost of what you're covering. That's good information.

Notice how I didn't quote any of your smarta$$ remarks Because they wern't useful.

From liability, to collision, to comp, to special endorsements. The thread was about "Would you buy insurance for your RC". It doesn't matter what form we are talking about. Insurance is insurance. Talk about all forms and explore all options.

For some even making a schedule for your RC toys under your homeowners is dumb, as these truly are "just toys". But even you agreed insuring them under your homeowners is a good idea if you have thousands worth of RC stuff.

For you, collision is dumb. Yep. It might be. For some... maybe they would see some value in it. That's the beauty of opinion.

So some of the $hit storm your referencing was in fact created by you, and by me fighting with that other fool, or even a few spurts with others. All in all..... this wasn't a bad topic to discuss and if people had the ability to be impartial and rational with an open mind on the issue; perhaps there wouldn't have been the storm that occured.

All in all, I'm grateful for some of the information that's occured in this thread. And even you racer had some valuable input, hence why I put YOU in here I don't hold grudges pal... it's just a virtual forum about fast moving toys. I'll take the good in WITH the bad in these posts.