Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
brushless motor temp. >

brushless motor temp.

brushless motor temp.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TailsNeon556
Depending on the motor.. Novak says 160-175 max for a Ballistic... I had an LRP X-12 7.5 in my Lazer FS 4wd that would normally see 180-185 after a good run.. Geared properly.. It was normal.. However, If a Novak Ballistic or Orion Vortex Pro got that hot.. That's a different story
dont mean to burst anyones bubble here but just did some reading in the latest rc mag. and a writer for the make says that if the outside of any brushless motor gets above 100 degrees it is bad, because the outside is the coldest point, so if the outside is 100 the inside would have to be over 180 degrees and that is way to hot for any magnet to get, even neo. so the pros say??
Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

So your saying the 1/16" thick metal can drops motor temps by 80*? if that was the case I would put one of these cans around the heat sink head of my nitro motors. metal transfers heat extremely well and I garrenty the magnets aren't 80* hotter then the metal can. Maybe 10 to 15 but not 80.