Search

No love for the AE sc8?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
ya it's a tough w/o a real race class... most places that even allow the thing to run stick it with the truggies.. and it's basically a moving obstacle, it can't even start to keep up on our track w/ any decent truggy driver. Fun truck though.
Why not??? Basically a rc8, with a couple #'s added on....cant be much more than a truggy. Guess you dont have any decent sc8 drivers
Old 02-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brickshouse
Why not??? Basically a rc8, with a couple #'s added on....cant be much more than a truggy. Guess you dont have any decent sc8 drivers
It doesn't fly well.. so again on 'our track', actually both tracks I ran at they didn't do well because it doesn't handle air and jumps like a truggy can. Those big bodies are like parachutes, less so than w/ the 2wd versions but still not an elegant glider. So with a track w/ small jumps that doesn't play a role I'm sure it can perform quite well in good hands.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

So it shares the same suspension parts as the truggy ?
I wont be going to any tracks for the most part, Ill be using it at the desert and at my home ( lot size for the toys is approx. 250'x 300' )
I really like the rc8be, but the cost is a lot more. I'd like to build it too though.
Too many choices
Old 02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

vent holes are your friends..........
Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by catrepair
I wont be going to any tracks for the most part, Ill be using it at the desert and at my home ( lot size for the toys is approx. 250'x 300' )
I really like the rc8be, but the cost is a lot more. I'd like to build it too though.
Too many choices
No rc8. I think all ya need is the body mounts, cage and body.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by brickshouse
vent holes are your friends..........
what what??
Old 02-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catrepair
Too many choices
It actually uses the RC8T chassis with RC8B suspension components, arms and shocks. The shock towers are SC8 specific.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Jasons36,
you have them both, which one is funner to drive? ( wide open spaces )
Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

I have often thought about getting an SC8. Almost all the parts are common with the RC8 and RC8T with a few special parts for SCT. What has stopped me is the cost of 8th scale. I would need everything. My chargers are up to 3s.

The racing in my area doesn't have any SC8s. We have a good about of 8th scale buggy and truggy so my idea was to run with the Truggies. It would have been cool but the 10th scale scene is so much bigger. I would love to get one of these but I don't want to drop $1000+ on the gear. Not yet anyway. I may get one someday.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
ya it's a tough w/o a real race class... most places that even allow the thing to run stick it with the truggies.. and it's basically a moving obstacle, it can't even start to keep up on our track w/ any decent truggy driver. Fun truck though.
If you spend some time with the sc8e and get good track tires then truggys are in the way trust me. 1/8 buggys can barley get by mine. Tires and setup are the key. The sc8e will desimate 1/10 4x4's and 2x4's I do it every weekend in practice. The truck just works for me. The stock tires are more for fun IMO. They just aren't that good. Over all my sc8e is one of my top favorites because it takes a beeting and is fast as hell with 2200kv on 5s.
I run panther tires on mine and couldn't be happier with it's performance. Anytime a 1/10 truck touches the sc8 they just bounce off and I don't even lose my line, it's pure awesome! They do cost alot more but they are clearly worth it.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

At one of our local tracks, I converted several 1/8th scale buggies to SC trucks - I did a Kyosho and a Mugen - just needed to fabricate brackets to mount the cage - after that it was duck soup!!!!

Rather then draw up a complicated rules package, we just said SC body, truggy wheel base and buggy width - engine of your choice but STANDARD ASSOCIATED SC TIRES AND WHEELS. They are the limiting factor and eliminates any advantate that a 'hot' engine would have!

Just think - all the visual fun of SC trucks (truly, it's all about the FLAPS!) with added NOISE!!!!! Does it get any better than that???
Old 02-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
If you spend some time with the sc8e and get good track tires then truggys are in the way trust me. 1/8 buggys can barley get by mine. Tires and setup are the key. The sc8e will desimate 1/10 4x4's and 2x4's I do it every weekend in practice. The truck just works for me. The stock tires are more for fun IMO. They just aren't that good. Over all my sc8e is one of my top favorites because it takes a beeting and is fast as hell with 2200kv on 5s.
I run panther tires on mine and couldn't be happier with it's performance. Anytime a 1/10 truck touches the sc8 they just bounce off and I don't even lose my line, it's pure awesome! They do cost alot more but they are clearly worth it.
You have not gone head to head w/ the new losi 4x4 sct.. even though 10th, I doubt it would hold the line

I never said you couldn't get fast with it.. but the same driver w/ a properly setup truggy vs a properly setup sc8 is going to lay down several laps more on most 1/8 scale tracks. Sorry it's the truth. Funny thing I ran my sc10 last summer against a sc8e and guess who one? So you are comparing your driving against someone who is obviously slower driving a buggy.. well I was a better driver w/ my sc10 against this individual and took it with a 2wd SC truck with only a 13.5 motor 2s lipo and my c'heat' turned up 3/4 of the way.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had an absolute blast with mine. I prepped it for the sand. Clocked it at 62mph on the street too. Amazing truck.

I don't race though so... I got one of the last kits available when they switched to RTR only.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Ended up selling it.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE THIS TRUCK

Old 02-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i did love mine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.