Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Is Speed Passion Going Out of Business??? >

Is Speed Passion Going Out of Business???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Speed Passion Going Out of Business???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

greybeard speed passion is definitely not going out of business
this is how rumors get started . there is a delay in warranty because they have to ship it all the way back to hong kong . and it depends on what they have available to replace or repair your product with meaning if it's in stock .
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Shipping by row boat????

Well, that's wonderful. So 3 1/2 months with no resolution to an issue puts it in the column of being shipped to Hong Kong & back?

Are they shipping it by row boat? Ya think it made it to Hong Kong yet? Gonna be another 3 1/2 months for it to make the trip back? This service is beyond absurd. Let's call it what it is. Non-existent!!!!!

I shipped something to castle on a Friday. I had my repaired product in my hands the following week on Saturday. That's eight days on the calendar, including Saturdays and Sundays.

Speed Passion Warranty Service is a BLACK HOLE. They might not actually be out of business, they just act like they are.

Pete
Old 03-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You know, this reminds me of something. Years ago, when NBC Saturday Night Live was new, Chevy Chase did the evening news. For several months, his report included an update on the condition of Generalisimo Francisco Franco, of Spain, who had passed away. It would go something like this--"This just in....Generalisimo Francisco Franco's condition remains unchanged. Still dead.
The service I'm getting from Speed Passion is just like that. Unchanged--still being ignored.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

This just in, Generalalisimo Francisco stiil valiantly fighting in his struggle to remain dead.

Originally Posted by GreyBeard
You know, this reminds me of something. Years ago, when NBC Saturday Night Live was new, Chevy Chase did the evening news. For several months, his report included an update on the condition of Generalisimo Francisco Franco, of Spain, who had passed away. It would go something like this--"This just in....Generalisimo Francisco Franco's condition remains unchanged. Still dead.
The service I'm getting from Speed Passion is just like that. Unchanged--still being ignored.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by GreyBeard
Well, that's wonderful. So 3 1/2 months with no resolution to an issue puts it in the column of being shipped to Hong Kong & back?

Are they shipping it by row boat? Ya think it made it to Hong Kong yet? Gonna be another 3 1/2 months for it to make the trip back? This service is beyond absurd. Let's call it what it is. Non-existent!!!!!

I shipped something to castle on a Friday. I had my repaired product in my hands the following week on Saturday. That's eight days on the calendar, including Saturdays and Sundays.

Speed Passion Warranty Service is a BLACK HOLE. They might not actually be out of business, they just act like they are.

Pete
Pete contact me via pm.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iamWhore
No every time i give your mom speed she has a passion.. for me
Nice, you just won the douche award for march, and theres still 3 more weeks! Hold it up, hold it proud. ERRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Thanks broski
I'll be gentle on your mom for that
As long as you keep your helmet on...
Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

if by helmet you mean condom then sure
This 10 yr old is gonna make it far in life, keep the good ones coming schleprock
Old 03-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brickshouse
This 10 yr old is gonna make it far in life, keep the good ones coming schleprock
+1
Old 03-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

-1 Fatty
dont be a jerk
Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
ThunderbirdJunkie does not recall saying "V3.0" anywhere in his post
dude seriously i think im the only one that is going to say what everyone else wants to say, "You sound like a complete idiot trying to talk in 3rd person"
Old 03-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I too ordered the Speed Passion Cirtix 2200 1/8 combo from Amain and got a motor that had the corner of where the sensor cable goes in to the motor broken off. I should have sent it back, but didnt. The sensor cable seems to hold tight in the motor so hopefully it will be okay. I havent even had a chance to use it yet, but it is installed. Hopefully I didnt get a second hand motor....Makes me wonder now that I hear someone else has a similar issue.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default he thinks it's cute

But talking in the third person worked for jimmy and george castanza!!! How else could you know if you should take what he posts seriously?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Way to jump on the trollwagon there ve8boy.

My CS experience with speed passion Korea was pretty good though I had some trouble with the contact info. I originally didn't get any response from muchmore racing which is their distributor here. I ended up contacting king-golden which is the global distributor. It turned out I had outdated contact info (or my emails were going to someone who doesn't speak English). Once I had the contact I got a phone call from a guy with decent English and we finished out the rest of the warranty claim by text message. Only took 3-4 days to have a new motor from that point.

Might be worth it to try contacting king-golden if they are still handling the global distribution. They were really helpful for me, but it took almost a week to get a response from them.