Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.21 engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thistle - If you are new to engines I would suggest the OS RG because it is easy to tune, runs well, and is cheap for when you have a radio failure, air filter failure, or tuning failure which will usually happen to a nitro newbie.

If you are experienced I would suggest a Novarossi/Rex/Top P5 or Crono RS5. They have good powerbands and aren't really expensive.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Well, I'm not an expert, but I'm not a newbie either. I used to have an Ofna Hyper7, and right now I've been playing around with an XTM X-Factor.
The list of engines, are ones that I can get locally, and get parts for easily. Right now it seems to be a toss-up between the OS .21RG (for the price/reliablility) and a Sirio Kanai (for the power/drool factor)
Old 09-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well i have had experiance with the rg and the rb and the p5, i recently sold my rg to one of the local guys....we are not on the biggest track but that rg keeps up with my mod p5 but i am running 200 deg he is at 240, oh the rg also has a novarace head on it, but unless you are on a big track the rg lacks nowhere!