Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

What do you do with your used fluids ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I dump mine in an empty pop can i have laying around then it the trash it goes.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I usually have a old soda/juice bottle just for old dirty oil or other chemicals making sure to put a lid on it and label it. once full i take it to my local garage for disposal.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
I dump mine in an empty pop can i have laying around then it the trash it goes.
+1. Diff oil and shock oil is silicone which is fairly inert. Although it has been outlawed for use in certain cosmetic surgeries, even the bottle only states that consumption will cause digestive distress. Pretty much the same effect as overdoing some hot sauce. So in the trash it goes.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:08 AM
Tech Rookie

I pour it into a jar. The next time I remember to look at the jar all the crap has settled to the bottom and the fluid is clear and clean again ready to be used again. You can even pour it out of the jar and the dirty part at the bottom WILL NOT MOVE. my video is on you tube. Recycle shock oil
Old 10-07-2022, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Inzpector
I pour it into a jar. The next time I remember to look at the jar all the crap has settled to the bottom and the fluid is clear and clean again ready to be used again. You can even pour it out of the jar and the dirty part at the bottom WILL NOT MOVE. my video is on you tube. Recycle shock oil
Looks like you live in a prison cell
Old 10-07-2022, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cnelson3
their are many, many, many non disposable products on the market. Used oil, even silicon shock oil, can be recycled. The broken suspension arm tossed in the garbage probably has the same effect on the environment as a non disposable SILICON shock oil. U can always use vegetable oil.... I'm sure their is a way to test it's viscosity and even thin it out if it's too thick.
Oh god, the thought of cracking open a dirty rancid shock full of degraded moldy vegetable oil. :barf:

About a 15 years ago there was a company pushing some biodegradable gun oil. And it was fine if you used it regularly for range days or plinking, and cleaned it every other day. But if you wanted it for long term storage, it would absolutely go rotten. It was terrible stuff! The smell was like someone dumping a gallon of dirty anti-freeze into your gun safe. It was horrific. Needless to say, that company doesnt exist anymore.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

The Best way is to put it in a container then recycle it correctly. My local DPW has hazardous waste pickup at cub once year
Old 10-07-2022, 09:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by perez62682
Looks like you live in a prison cell
He probably just go out from doing a 10 year stint. That would explain bumping these 11 year old posts.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I always wonder why, when somebody necros a thread like this, that has been dead since 2011, only to promote some YT video of his, everyone starts answering questions or quoting 10+ year old posts, and nobody seems to notice the date on these...
hunterdawg likes this.