Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8th scale short course trucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 8th scale short course trucks

Im about to buy the sc8e truck but im wondering will the other top rc companies join team associated in this fun new truck series? I called my local rc shop/track and slim was saying Im the frist person that can to him about it. So guys did you hear any rumors?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mackworld5000
Im about to buy the sc8e truck but im wondering will the other top rc companies join team associated in this fun new truck series? I called my local rc shop/track and slim was saying Im the frist person that can to him about it. So guys did you hear any rumors?
The SC8/E has been out for a while now.

The reason I believe they haven't really taken off for racing is the cost. The highlight to Short course racing is the fact that it's a cheap, easy fun class to get into and have fun. When you get up into the SC8E, you're talking 8th scale electric price. At that point, you might as well just go with a buggy/truggy for racing. Although, I will say the SC8E looks like an awesome truck, especially if you truly do like the look. It's actually basically an RC8TE truggy. However, for racing, I wouldn't expect this class to take off too big if it hasn't already. If you plan racing you'd be safer checking out the 1/10 4x4 SCT class. Associated has the new SC10 4x4 out.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Im thinking I should be able to race with the buggies and truggies. Shit there tbe same size, well I hope.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i would find out at your local track before you spent the cash
Old 02-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

1/8th scale is prettty much a dead class. There are some areas where they're still somewhat popular, but like others said, the cost was just too much for it to take off.

For SCT, it's definitely 1/10th scale....
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well the sc8 is a truggy chassis with buggy arms and they share a lot of the same basic components. That being said I owned one and loved it, it was a freaking beast and never broke on me with all the crap I threw at it. But no one raced them, I could have raced with the truggys but its not the same, I converted it to 10 scale with rc8 chassis but the 4x sc 10th scale class required a 2s and my 2200 wont move on 2s so I sold it. Should have never sold it because it was a ton of fun, so if you want one get one you wont regret it unlessss u want to race.