Wiki Posts
Search

SCT Help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SCT Help...

Hey guys and gals I am looking at buying a new SCT in the next month or so. Last year I had a blitz rtr that I put a Momba system into and had a lot of fun with it. I sold it a couple of months ago and am thinking about buying a new one. The question I have is im looking at the AE sc10 with the brushless set up or the new Losi XXX sct BND. Any thoughts on either one of these. It will be for a race truck no bashing. I know that some of you are thinking why not another blitz and for many reasons im just not interested in buying another one. I am also not really looking for or at the slash either. So if your gonna come on here and say buy a blitz or a slash then just keep your comments to yourself. I like the sc10 because it is brushless already. I like the Losi xxx because it is BND. Tell me what you think. Let me know if you own any of these and your racing experiences. Like I said im not going to be bashing so im not worried about the quality if I hit a tree.

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

They're both really nice. Probably the 2 best 2WD SCT trucks out as of now. Either one would be nice. Possibly check if your local hobby shop stocks parts for either, and if others prefer one over another at your local track. This could help with setup and ease of use.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Both parts are stocked at our LHS, and everyone here runs the blitz and the slash. I think one guy runs a kyosho, but other than that its a blitz slash nation.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

do you think you'll upgrade motors soon? If so, get the losi, rip the motor/esc out and throw in a brushless combo. If you think you'll run the sc10 for the season, get that. The brushless combo that comes in the sc10 is good, but not exactly like, a good sensored 13.5 or even 17.5 type of good.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Rookie

I own a sc10 that i put a tekin 17.5 in and I love it, great truck. I'm also probally going to buy a losi soon and race it this summer, as I hear good things about it. They will both be good choices, if your not going to change the motor and spedo out then get the sc10. most of the stock brushed systems don't last that long in my opinion. Just my 02.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

heres the thing I will put a new brushless in the losi if thats what I get. If I get the AE i would run that until I feel that it sucks or fries out. I guess im leaning towards the AE just for the fact that it is brushless but how good is it really. Castle Sidewinder good? If so I would leave it in there. When I had my momba system in it was almost to much for my blitz.