I was one click away from buying a XB8 on ebay(cool deal) until I decided I should think about it abit more and shop around for a good price on a 777. I finally found one(777) for a pretty good deal online
and decided on that.
Anyways, I decided to get the 777 because of quite a few things...
1. The 777 has bigger and longer shocks which should help with the bumpy/rutty tracks here in Hawaii.
2. No chasing set-ups. A top racer here(BuggyMaster) races one and I can steal set-ups:wink:.
3. Still not liking the plastic shock cap tops of the XB8.
4. Worried about the XB8's I.A.C and I.S.S inserts and the holes they go into. More places to wear out and get sloppy?
5. Like the Kyosho motor mount better. Less time messing with gear mesh.
6. No local parts support for Xray(not yet at least).
7. Ebay has tons of Kyosho parts listed.
8. Xray's first 1/8 buggy release. Even with Xray's record of high quality, first model year bugs WILL creep up here and there.
9. The possibility that the XB8 is designed more for the european type tracks?
10. Kyosho's bigger and better splash shield. I have seen panicking pit-men spill just as much fuel over the car as in the fuel tank many times.