Wiki Posts
Search

novak havoc ballistic setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default novak havoc ballistic setup

hey guys, I race mod sct locally and I'm running a losi xxx-sct. i was wondering if the novak havoc 3s esc/ballistic 8.5t is a decent and reliable kit to do? I have done some searching and seen some people have issues, so i was just curious if anybody has the setup or had it and what your review is, thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by motox450r
hey guys, I race mod sct locally and I'm running a losi xxx-sct. i was wondering if the novak havoc 3s esc/ballistic 8.5t is a decent and reliable kit to do? I have done some searching and seen some people have issues, so i was just curious if anybody has the setup or had it and what your review is, thanks
I havent tryed the whole kit but I do have 2 ballistic motors and I love them. They have worked great for me. The ability to rebuild the motors and swap out the stator to create a different kv motor is great.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm running the havoc 3s and 8.5t in both my sc10 and my b4.1.. no issues at all. Works great for me..
Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran the havoc 3S and 13.5/17.5 ballistic combo.

They seem pretty solid, and have a pretty nice feel to them as far as feel on the track. The 17.5 combo was slow compared to "boosted" ESCs and the motor seemed to get a little warm but the 13.5 held it's own and ran great.

One issue I did have is that I failed (yes my fault) to plug in one end of the sensor wire when I was cleaning one day and imediately fried the stator in my 13.5. Not sure if the Esc or the motor was the culprit when this happened. I'm thinking that I don't like the idea of the ESC putting all that power through when something is not rite. I know my tekin rs either goes to sensorless mode or let's you know something isn't right instead of baking the motor...

I'd say as long as you check your sensor wire and such the 3S is pretty solid. However since I've seen the magic of the tekin rs I don't think I'll be going back
Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

ok, thanks for the input, this helps out alot.