Wiki Posts
Search

sct44 my b44 sc conversion. (video)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Anybody still running this?

I got mine in the middle of the summer and didn't race it, just brought it with me to the track to practice practice practice, and tweak on it. I had some small issues, well kinda small. I think the extra size and weight of the truck, little bit more load from the larger tires, combined with the bigger motor have caused me some issues with the rear diff, particularly the ring gear melting! Never had any issues with my b44 but I know people that have, so I think its a combo of a few things on them. The other problem could also be a source of some of my diff issues. With the Losi cvd bone in the traxxas yoke I get some binding in the drivetrain. I opened up the holes a bit in the yoke and melted them so there a bit longer and it helps, but as you tighten the slipper up it pulls the center gear shaft forward and binds up the rear diff, also prob causing some ring and pinion mesh issues. Well either way, I bought aluminum ring and pinion gears for the truck which I have since removed the front one to keep as a spare for the rear. No more diff issues. Once that was solved I really tightened the slipper cause I was less worried about the diff. That's when I started ripping apart the traxxas yokes almost every run. I recently took about 8 hours out of a day and machined up an outdrive that fits the larger ball on the losi bone, so its like the stock setup, just out of aluminum and a bit larger and now the drivetrain is smooth like butta! I really do love this truck, I'm still running dog bones in the rear and the B44 suspension up front with some precision spacers so I can get the track as wide as possible without popping the cvd out on the downtravel. I have a complete SC10 4x4 front suspension and CVS setup on my bench for a few weeks and I'm gonna see of I can do some customizing to get those parts to fit on there for the wider track and there quite a bit beefier the the B44 parts, although I have yet to break an arm on it yet "knock on wood". I know the guys sold more of these then just 5 or 6 so who else out there has one or had one and what do you think of if?