Wiki Posts
Search

Battery ? 1/8 Electric

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Harold R
Basically I知 wondering if there is anybody else using two 2s cheap Hobby King 5000mah packs piggy- backed in 1/8 electric with success vs. high quality 4s packs. I know the peak C rating leaves a bit to be desired with the cheap batteries.

I do not have a charger that can charge 4s nor do I have a 4s battery. All my other R/C cars are 1/10. I just don稚 want to spend the money for $ for 4s package so I知 trying to decide what to race this season.

Last year I tried to get into 1/8 electric (Off-road) but on the days I was able to race attendance was hit and miss. I tried using 2s packs but had some growing pains. For off-road I use the cheap Hobby King 5000mah packs. They work great for 1/10 but I知 not sure if I am asking too much at of them for 1/8.
I intentionally use two Turnigy 2s 20C packs in series in my Ve8 - the saddlepack arrangement allows better weight distribution and lower CG. As for the C rating, if that packs are 5 Ah then they can handle 100 amps continuously. I know many here disagree, but I think that's plenty. And I have actually used these packs .

If you are still in doubt, read this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...case-lipo.html
Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fishboy77
I intentionally use two Turnigy 2s 20C packs in series in my Ve8 - the saddlepack arrangement allows better weight distribution and lower CG. As for the C rating, if that packs are 5 Ah then they can handle 100 amps continuously. I know many here disagree, but I think that's plenty. And I have actually used these packs .

If you are still in doubt, read this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...case-lipo.html
put a watt meter between your battery and your speed control and run a full battery thru the car running it the way you would normally. that will tell you the peak amps you are pulling and the average. ver useful tool to see what C rating would be the best for a given set up.