Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi Nitro Conversion Questions >

Losi Nitro Conversion Questions

Losi Nitro Conversion Questions

Old 02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi Nitro Conversion Questions

Hello, I purchased a losi nitro converted to brushless mamba monster 2650kv on craig's list last week and I was hoping for a little input. Fairly new to the RC world. I bought a E Revo a few months ago and wanted to get something a little more race oriented. Trying to figure out a few things:

1. Which nitro version was it? I am guessing it is a losi 8ight, but I don't know if its a 2.0 or not. Want to make sure I get the correct replacement parts when something breaks.

2. I paid $500 for the whole setup including the buggy, charger, controller and tool box full of deans, oil and stuff. Was it a fair deal? Buggy is in great condition.

3. Any other suggestions for improvements or hop ups would be appreciated.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

It's a 1.0 with the castle creations electric conversion

Great buggy, don't bother upgrading it to a 2.0 though. Its too expensive. I think the 1.0 will be fine for you.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I agree. i have a 1.0 with a 2.0 chassis and an electric conversion. car is awesome. hope you enjoy it ! to me it sounds like a good deal. depends on if you are going to race or bash , but honestly i think hopups are not needed
Old 02-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the input. I'll use the E Revo for bashing and try my hand at racing the buggy as I get a little better at driving it. I ordered an extra conversion kit from Castle for the Losi 8 because one of the battery trays has a little crack in it. It shouldn't matter if its a 1.0 or 2.0 for the kit correct?

Last edited by Shaguar; 02-02-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

i forgot to mention, i have a 1.0 buggy, and a 2.0 buggy.

both are excellent. for all the gear you got with the car, it seems like an ok deal.