Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Beginner 4WD 1:10 electric

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Which Beginner 4WD 1:10 electric

Just wondered whether any of you had any recommendations for a beginner electric 1:10 4 wd buggy. I am currently running a 2wd hornet but want to get into 4wd. I have been looking at the Ansmann Racing Blizzard and the Tamiya Gravel Hound. Are there any others to consider?

Did think about getting a tamiya Dark Impact or Durga but I think I want to start on something a bit cheaper and if I get hooked then go for something to race with.

Back in the 80's I remember Schumacher Cats were the bees knees!!!

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, if you do end up wanting to race one, then I'd go with the one that has the most racing potential, which would be the Durga. I have one myself(a DB01R), & I think it's an EXCELLENT race platform & one of the best values around. It has a decent starting price, & as your skills develop, you can upgrade the car to keep up with you. Mine regularly goes up against Associated B44's, Losi XX4's(& maybe XXX4's, I can't easily tell them apart), Hot Bodies D4's, Kyosho ZX5's, etc. & it holds its own with the best of them....