Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what upgrades do i do first

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Go brushless first. ThunderbirdJunkie heartily recommends the Castle Sidewinder SCT system. You WILL need to change your gearing, though. For around 100 bones, you won't find a better brushless system. It'll run fine on your NiMh batteries until you can swing something better.

It's the best bang for the buck brushless system out there...and it's not much more expensive than the overnighted-from-Hong Kong brands, either.
Originally Posted by Crazycajun322
how about we not put a tuxedo on a duratrax toy and just get a real remote control truck.
This is coming from a guy that has a Traxxas and a decade-old Kyosho worth almost as much as an Evader

All RC cars are toys. Get over yourself. The kid has an Evader...arguably one of the best bang for the buck stadium trucks money can buy.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Go brushless first. ThunderbirdJunkie heartily recommends the Castle Sidewinder SCT system. You WILL need to change your gearing, though. For around 100 bones, you won't find a better brushless system. It'll run fine on your NiMh batteries until you can swing something better.

It's the best bang for the buck brushless system out there...and it's not much more expensive than the overnighted-from-Hong Kong brands, either.

This is coming from a guy that has a Traxxas and a decade-old Kyosho worth almost as much as an Evader

All RC cars are toys. Get over yourself. The kid has an Evader...arguably one of the best bang for the buck stadium trucks money can buy.
At least i can spot a good buggy when i see one. It has worked great for me, runs true every time. There is nothing wrong with traxxas if you put enough aftermarket into it, which i have. for a first rc car, i can see an evader being fine, but i honestly would not spend any sort of serious money into that, because you wont get as much out of it.