In a perfect world...the perfect car.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In a perfect world...the perfect car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default In a perfect world...the perfect car.

Every manufacture has it's highs and lows, I'm looking more at 1/10th scale buggies. If you were to steal the best from each brand, what would make the ultimate ride? Steering from one, handling from another, durability, price, availability of parts, ease to wrench on and of course...an elite team of factory drivers. Just a question for fun, I wish I had that car. Lol...
Team Losi, Associated, Kyosho, Durango, Xfactory, Tamiya, TQ, Hot Bodies, and many more eh? What would this prototype look like?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

You could get an SP2 and be done. Actually I lied. You have to buy an SP2 then buy big bores and you'll be done.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thats a great car this month.. haha i had it but i got tired of up dating it every month
Old 01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rc10 gold pan = nuff said
Old 01-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

the perfect car would have the perfect setup to work on every track. Basically a universal car. That is my choice.

A Bullittproof XX4.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Tamiya shocks and ball diff. Associated front end. mid motor with saddle packs.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fast04STi
Tamiya shocks and ball diff. Associated front end. mid motor with saddle packs.
XX4 is my favorite all time 4wd. But I'm completely torn between Tamiya and Kyosho shocks.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by J_Salinas
XX4 is my favorite all time 4wd. But I'm completely torn between Tamiya and Kyosho shocks.
Belt drive is the way to go in 4wd buggy IMO. I mean from my experience the Tamiya shocks and ball diffs are superior to everything. I've driven the TRF201 and it just handles everything a lot better. I believe the shocks are critical on the 201 and that is what it makes it so fast. The 201 is so forgiving to setup also. Way easier to set up than the b4 and easier to be fast in my opinion. I used to have a TRF416WE touring car and it had the best ball diffs I've ever had the pleasure of using. I feel that if you could combine the shocks and diffs off a tamiya with a belt drive system and the front end geometry of an associated, it could kick some butt.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fast04STi
Belt drive is the way to go in 4wd buggy IMO. I mean from my experience the Tamiya shocks and ball diffs are superior to everything. I've driven the TRF201 and it just handles everything a lot better. I believe the shocks are critical on the 201 and that is what it makes it so fast. The 201 is so forgiving to setup also. Way easier to set up than the b4 and easier to be fast in my opinion. I used to have a TRF416WE touring car and it had the best ball diffs I've ever had the pleasure of using. I feel that if you could combine the shocks and diffs off a tamiya with a belt drive system and the front end geometry of an associated, it could kick some butt.
I can't argue that...I've only experienced the TRF 415 diff's and they were butter. I like AE's stealth tranny over Losi's CR maybe because of a little nostalgia but the overall rear end of the Losi seemed so much easier to dial in than the AE, IMO.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dspoo2
Hard to go against "the original" gold tub car. But a TRX1 (long suspension travel, light, and was just plain smooth) would rank up there for me. When I first got my TRX 1 it was like a whole world of difference. The areas of the track that would eat me up, the TRX1 seemed to just soak those areas up. Would love to find a nice one to try out a brushless and lipo combo!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

It would be cool if Traxxas built another race buggy. TRX 3 was the last one I think. It came with 2 sets of front and rear arms so you can tune it to track condition.

Why did they stop?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JustWill75
It would be cool if Traxxas built another race buggy. TRX 3 was the last one I think. It came with 2 sets of front and rear arms so you can tune it to track condition.

Why did they stop?
Because traxxas can't make a vehicle under 5 pounds to save their lives The Rustler has to be the porkiest stadium truck out there. You know how associated molds in graphite? I'm pretty sure Traxxas molds in all the lead that used to be in children's toys.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by PorTX
Hard to go against "the original" gold tub car. But a TRX1 (long suspension travel, light, and was just plain smooth) would rank up there for me. When I first got my TRX 1 it was like a whole world of difference. The areas of the track that would eat me up, the TRX1 seemed to just soak those areas up. Would love to find a nice one to try out a brushless and lipo combo!
Originally Posted by JustWill75

Why did they stop?
I had both of those I still have my pre-production TRX3 from the 1993 NORRCA Nationals in Bakersfield. We got the cars the first day of practice and built them in the room that night. And I still have enough parts to build a couple of TRX1's. One day I'm gonna build up the TRX3 with a brushless/lipo setup
Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dspoo2
x2
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

TRX3/TCP, 1565 grams, including dirt...66 grams over minimum weight. Oh...I am using truck shocks and old school brushed for the shake down runs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.