Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MX304
Looks cool, but I don't see how you would access the battery without pulling the cage off.
That's exactly what you have to do with the EXO lol
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Who makes a under body or whatnot to keep dirt mud from gettin on electronocs? I weighed my scte fully race ready and it was 6.45lbs then i cleaned it only and then reweighed it @6.37! Our mains last weekend seemed as if water was boiling up out of track. Lol it took me 1/2 hour to remove all the dirt
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Ok thanks im looking for some diffrent tire compounds and treads from the stock tires but the stock tires do work fine in some conditions. I think il get the losi stock wheels or the AKA ones. Do you know if the Toro 4x4 Sc 120 Amp Esc has timing on it stock ? If it does i need to set it at 0%. The Tenshock motor does seem to run hot when i touch it at least with my hand less than 5 sec.

Oh yea the Tenshock 4600 kv power is crazy im suprised that people i race with use a 3800kv or less on a big track. I was killing them all in the straights/turns lol.

I think people were thinking i was using a 3 cell lipo lol.

Speed on the straight doesn't usually equal a "win".

My 2wd was undergeared this weekend and was by far the slowest truck on the track for top speed, it was my first time running it this year,, guess what.. TQ and Win :P

My scte was way overpowered for the track conditions (4600) big or not, so I wasn't able to hold the same lines and ended up 3rd. This wasn't my best run (couple costly mistakes, kept getting tied up with another racer) but if I was running my 3800 I may have been slower on the straight but I would have had the control needed to keep my line and would have most likely taken 1st as well, next time.. no points this week :P
Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Who makes a under body or whatnot to keep dirt mud from gettin on electronocs? I weighed my scte fully race ready and it was 6.45lbs then i cleaned it only and then reweighed it @6.37! Our mains last weekend seemed as if water was boiling up out of track. Lol it took me 1/2 hour to remove all the dirt
Best around is the losi 810 body, get the 810 buggy body mount for the front and and use some velcro in the rear or mount a tall post in the front rear chasis mount hole and you have your self a great mud guard.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Speed on the straight doesn't usually equal a "win".

My 2wd was undergeared this weekend and was by far the slowest truck on the track for top speed, it was my first time running it this year,, guess what.. TQ and Win :P

My scte was way overpowered for the track conditions (4600) big or not, so I wasn't able to hold the same lines and ended up 3rd. This wasn't my best run (couple costly mistakes, kept getting tied up with another racer) but if I was running my 3800 I may have been slower on the straight but I would have had the control needed to keep my line and would have most likely taken 1st as well, next time.. no points this week :P

Oh i know but i was getting people in the turns also it seem liked i had more mid range speed coming out the turns than others.

I won 2 heat races and the Main.

But my truck needs some tuning still.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Changed to diff fluid 3 races ago. Just noticed a grinding noise from the rear diff during hard breaking only. Rolls great forward and back. sounds fine when under power in forward. Sounds like ring and pinion skipping but dont know why it would start doing it now? The truck is a little over 2 months old and has been raced only about 10 times, no bashing. took the rear apart but didnt see anything falling apart, loose or metal shavings anywhere. Ideas?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Q chris about the ape tray, are the spacer for the scews that mount the tray or just install them some where in an apropiate area?
Thanks it looks great btw
Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My truck is dialed son! It's a rocket! It can be touchy going into a turn to hot because it will push but it comes out of the turn great, hard on the throttle. I've found that it turns in better if I go into the turn on the gas, turn the wheels in and then let off the gas. Is this how you guys take tight 180 degree turns?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CaptCarnage
Changed to diff fluid 3 races ago. Just noticed a grinding noise from the rear diff during hard breaking only. Rolls great forward and back. sounds fine when under power in forward. Sounds like ring and pinion skipping but dont know why it would start doing it now? The truck is a little over 2 months old and has been raced only about 10 times, no bashing. took the rear apart but didnt see anything falling apart, loose or metal shavings anywhere. Ideas?
I had the same sounds coming from my rear end...... So i replaced my rear ring gear and pinion. Doesnt make the noise anymore.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This happened to me twice. Both times the rear pinion bearings were bad. It's definitely the ring and pinion skipping during hard braking.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies
just put the truck back together. same shizit. Ill grab a couple bearings tomorrow if I can find what size they are? ring/pinion look ok? maybe shim the pinion toward the ring gear if the bearings are ok?
anyone know the bearing size so I dont have to rip it back apart tonight?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies
just put the truck back together. same shizit. Ill grab a couple bearings tomorrow if I can find what size they are? ring/pinion look ok? maybe shim the pinion toward the ring gear if the bearings are ok?
anyone know the bearing size so I dont have to rip it back apart tonight?
Pretty sure they're 5x11x4. I plan to try ceramic bearings in the case next.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

thanks. 05psd
I had good luck with boca bearings. I put grease in them and they last forever. Yea I know it adds drag, but so does a well oiled bearing with ground up balls though.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Q chris about the ape tray, are the spacer for the scews that mount the tray or just install them some where in an apropiate area?
Thanks it looks great btw
I believe the spacers are for the mounting screws, so the tray is slightly elevated above the chassis.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

See if This works,A few laps around my home track on a cold, very slow night.
I am the orange and white truck(Riverdale)Racer name.This is a true 1/10 scale track, Vid is done with a cell phone but you can still see it pretty well. Thanx ,Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8kTT...e_gdata_player

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.