Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
These are sensorless setups only. I got the 5150 bit the 4500 may work well for u too. I just wanted to make sure i had the power on tap
What is the diffrence? I'm KV noob, but would rather have punch than topend. SHould I go for the 4500?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Making the jump!! I have the TLR tuning kit and am deciding on either a TLR Flex or BCE chasis. I have checked the first post and tried searching but am really looking for a MUST HAVE upgrade list. HD out drives, Chris Pins.......what should be on the list?

Lastly, I have a MMP and a Balistic 4.5 with the tuning rotor. Good starting place or better off going with something different?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cmjomaha
Making the jump!! I have the TLR tuning kit and am deciding on either a TLR Flex or BCE chasis. I have checked the first post and tried searching but am really looking for a MUST HAVE upgrade list. HD out drives, Chris Pins.......what should be on the list?

Lastly, I have a MMP and a Balistic 4.5 with the tuning rotor. Good starting place or better off going with something different?
if you have a newer truck you shouldn't have to worry about the chris pins, with having the tlr tuning the only thing you are really gonna need is the hd outdrives
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo
Check out the new Kingheads chassis

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...b17d2d1cad0bdc
Interesting...

Finally got another scte and looking to upgrade some more. Havent posted here or followed this thread in months or so.

What's the "new got to have upgrades" as of today? Once again been out of the game for a while

Last edited by Mr.juarez; 02-26-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BradS
Hey Ryan, below are some pics.

Below is the Arm I broke, AE had problems with this, could use some extra material where the screw attaches.
I have broken one arm in that spot. As far as the bumpers go I keep breaking the piece that connects to. The small piece that holds the front shock towers on. The rear bumper keeps breaking and I'm to the point where I'm not buying another one, I'll just run with it broke. You know with this truck comming from the 8ight line on vehicles you would think they would learn something from them. I picked up my 8ight T 2.0 yesterday and it is way beefier than the miniaturized SCTE version. The SCTE is well built but there are just some wimpy parts on it that make no sense, like the rear bumper. I really don't understand the hex inserts in the diffs.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BradS
Hey Ryan, below are some pics.

Below is the Arm I broke, AE had problems with this, could use some extra material where the screw attaches.
I haven't personally had the problem with that front bumber part, but a guy at the track with a scte has had it break at around that point also (the curved part).

One of my arms look like that but the crack is between the center and most inner hole. Glued it up and still running it though.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cmjomaha

This is what I have listed and got on the truck:

OTHER BRANDS HOPUPS
Jammin Products Light Weight Aluminum Wheel Hex Set (4)
ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Precision Aluminum Center Bulkhead (Blue)
King Headz CVD Pin Keeper Set (2)
DE Racing Mud Guard Set (TEN-T/SCTE/810)
SNR Graphite Center Plate 3mm
SNR Graphite Front Top Plate 5mm
Full Set of Chris Pins
AKA Racing Enduro Short Course Tires w/Red Insert (Soft) (2)

LOSI HOPUPS
Losi 4mm Carbon Rear Shock Tower
Losi 4mm Carbon Front Shock Tower
Losi Shock Standoff Set (4)
Losi Aluminum Shock Collar Set (2)
Losi Aluminum Shock Top Set (2)
Losi Aluminum Rear Hub Set
Losi Adjustable Front Hinge Pin Holder Set
Losi Adjustable Rear Hinge Pin Holder Set
Losi Front/Rear HD Lightened Outdrive Set (4)
Losi Center HD Lightened Outdrive Set (2)
Losi Front and Rear Shock Spring Set (4) (Gold–Firm) (Ten-T)
Losi Front and Rear Shock Spring Set (4) (Black–Medium) (Ten-T)
Losi Front & Rear Shock Spring Set (4) (Silver/Soft) (Ten-T)
Losi Spur 40T
Losi TEN-SCTE Wheel Set (2)

LOSI SPARE PARTS
Losi Axle Set (2)
Losi Front/Rear CV Driveshafts and Couplers (Ten-T) (2)
Losi Center/Rear Drive Shaft
Losi Center/Front Drive Shaft
Losi Differential Seals w/Gasket & Hardware (Ten-T) (3)
Losi Shock Rebuild Set (Ten-T)
Losi Front & Rear Gearbox Set (Ten-T)
Losi Front Spindles & Carriers (Ten-T)
Losi Rear Suspension Arm Set (Ten-T)
Losi Front Suspension Arm Set (Ten-T)
Old 02-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tenshock sc411 vs pro 4

Hi guys, I'm getting a new motor for my scte. What is the difference between the tenshock 4000kv sc411 and the pro 4 4000kv? They are both 4000kv, they are both sensored, and they are both 4 pole. The tenshock has a longer can, so the bearings would probably last longer. The only other difference seems to be the price tag. ???
Old 02-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

nevermind....
Old 02-08-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TheRevolution
Hey guys, I'm not sure exactly what the part is called, front bumper support bracket maybe, it's a small piece around the top of the front diff housing, in front of the shock tower. anyways, myself and at least 4 other guys had this piece break this weekend and I was wondering if anybody has came up with a more durable replacement for this piece? It's not that big of a deal really, but I don't think you can purchase it separately, it comes with the front bumper set.
I haven't tried myself, but could this kind of mod (pieces of rubberhose) give more support to the bumper: http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/l...tml#post191286
Old 02-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
Interesting... Chassis looks cool as well.

Finally got another scte and looking to upgrade some more. Havent posted here or followed this thread in months or so.

What's the "new got to have upgrades" as of today? Once again been out of the game for a while
Like to know as well . I sold mine a while back and now buying one tonight .
Old 02-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I also saw these they look good and priced very well anyone running these, is sensorless a big deal? Or sensored better I was looking at 4600kv or 5100kv
Viper did allot of R&D to get the Copperhead to be very smooth and drive-able, and kind of took a "clean-slate" approach to developing a sensor-less system. Though it is a "sensor-less" system, it performs nothing like sensor-less systems that came before it.

Reminder, neither the 540/3900kv, the 550/5150kv or the 550/4500kv systems ARE ROAR LEGAL!!!!

The systems were really focused at the basher / hobbyist level market to replace and/or upgrade people in the RTR market. With those thoughts in mind, Viper built the motors to be as efficient as possible at a fair price. Unfortunately that required going outside of the ROAR spec's for the motors, but that was never the intent with the system.

Given the durability/performance of the Copperhead, we are finding they are kind of filling a "void" in the racing market for a simple and affordable system for the 4wd SCT class. Where they are and are not allowed to run is up to the people having the races, and I suggest you check with them to determine if they are legal or not to race there.

Last edited by FLHX1550; 02-08-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I am talking about the small piece that bolts flat to the shock tower with 4 screws around the diff housing, and the front bumper braces to it with two screws.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheRevolution
I am talking about the small piece that bolts flat to the shock tower with 4 screws around the diff housing, and the front bumper braces to it with two screws.
This piece would be nice to see it in a cnc alluminum upgrade.

Scott
Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Look up Kick Angle on any of the available tuning guides.

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Hey guys, got my tuning kit installed, all but the front hinge pin holder. I was wondering something, looking at the diagram, it shows the the values as

Angle 8-9-10-11-12

What do these values represent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.