Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
No, the stub axles are different on all 3 vehicles. If you runthe 810 setup on this, it will be too wide, just as an FYI.
What is diffrent between the three of them?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
I haven't actually seen the real SCTE axles yet, but I'm wondering if something like this would work to get the 17mm hex for 1/8 wheels and keep it legal width.

http://www.maximizerproducts.com/mod...Kit_P67025.cfm
Those will have too much offset I think(assuming I am looking at them right).

The Ten has 5mm axles with larger hexes. (I don't know the size )
SCTE has 4mm axles with 12mm hexes
810 has offset axles with 17mm hexes.

I think that is a good general description. Ryan will correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

Does the 810 and ten t have 5mm axles? Does the scte and ten t have the pin in the same location? I just don't want to buy a bunch of diff parts to do the conversion lol. So far it looks like ten t axles and 810 hubs ( like some one previously said) but I will have to mill down the back of the hubs to get the width and also to align the pins that secure the hubs to the stub axles. I do r&d for a living so I like to tinker with stuff. Thanks very much
Old 02-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 4mm axles???

4mm axles on the scte??? That cant be correct, the 2wd xxx-sct has like 6mm axles.... 4's would snap for sure!!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
4mm axles on the scte??? That cant be correct, the 2wd xxx-sct has like 6mm axles.... 4's would snap for sure!!
The portion that the nut threads onto is a 4mm nut. The axle size is larger than that though. We wanted to keep the industry standard nut on this vehicle. Same nut as the 22 and the traxxas cars and kyosho cars, etc...
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

I actually think those Maximizers look like they would work. They are designed for 6mm axles. The fit over the cross pin and then provide the larger diameter surface for the 1/8 wheel to sit on. The a large washer that holds the wheel on with the small 4mm nut. Looks like it would be a bit hokey looking but it seems like it would work without pushing the wheel any farther out.

Anyway.... I'll never know cuz I have no interest in 17mm wheels for this car. just trying help figure it out.

Originally Posted by Cackswayn
Does the 810 and ten t have 5mm axles? Does the scte and ten t have the pin in the same location? I just don't want to buy a bunch of diff parts to do the conversion lol. So far it looks like ten t axles and 810 hubs ( like some one previously said) but I will have to mill down the back of the hubs to get the width and also to align the pins that secure the hubs to the stub axles. I do r&d for a living so I like to tinker with stuff. Thanks very much
I'm pretty sure the 810 has 8mm axles like most conventional 1/8 buggies.
http://c0456141.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...s/losb3567.jpg

The SCTE has funny looking turned down axles. Looks like the are probably turned down to 6mm where the hex fits over the cross pin.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...SB3574-450.jpg
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default wow

Sorry but thats kind off upseting, thats exsactly why the traxxas axles break all the time on the 4x4,, why on earth would you do that was such an awesome overkill axle already on the xxx-sct...
Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry but thats kind off upseting, thats exsactly why the traxxas axles break all the time on the 4x4,, why on earth would you do that was such an awesome overkill axle already on the xxx-sct...
the thin part is only the very end of the shaft where the nut threads on

I doubt that's where the traxxas axles are breaking

it won't be a durability problem on the Losi
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Hey Fangs are you going to abandon the Slash for now? I kant decide which to shelf now that I have the Losi ,Jammin and the 4x4 Slash.....hmmmm...
I will keep my Slash 4X4 as my back-up but most likely she'll be a shelf queen. I rarely sell my rigs. I always maintain them ready to go.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cackswayn
So are the axle stubs the same on the 810, ten t, and scte? Have you tried the sc8 rims with the 17mm hex?
No the axles are all different. Read my post closely. I listed all the axle stub part numbers. I have not tried SC8 rims, but those are what I would use with a 17mm conversion. I run standard 1/8 buggy rims/tires so I can share them between vehicles.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

They step down to 4mm threads for the nuts and hexes. The axles that go through the bearings are the same for all the Ten versions. 4mm nuts is pretty std stuff on metric cars. (Ten-SCT uses std hardware execpt for the wheel nuts!!!!)
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Did you look at the picture of the Losi Axles? Those things look STOUT! WAY more durable looking than the Traxxas axles. The Traxxas axles always break at the pin, you can tell the Losi has much more material around the pin. Here's the picture again.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

this RC appears to have pretty decent mud guards on the front of the chassis (just behind the front wheels)

does that pretty much make an overtray un-needed?
just curious how the mud guards work, the other SC 4x4 i'm considering doesn't seem to have guards on the front of the chassis like the losi
Old 02-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Why do all you guys want to run 1/8 scale wheels on your trucks? Is that legal where you race? I haven't checked recently, but they aren't ROAR legal and I'm pretty sure my track makes you run SC tires and wheels in all but the mod 2wd sct class.

Besides, there is nothing uglier than 1/8 scale wheels on a SC truck.

Just my two cents, but obviously if you're bashing or your track allows any wheels, have at it. I do wish all tracks would require SC tires. It just looks better, more to scale and if everyone has to run them then there is no advantage.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
Why do all you guys want to run 1/8 scale wheels on your trucks? Is that legal where you race? I haven't checked recently, but they aren't ROAR legal and I'm pretty sure my track makes you run SC tires and wheels in all but the mod 2wd sct class.

Besides, there is nothing uglier than 1/8 scale wheels on a SC truck.

Just my two cents, but obviously if you're bashing or your track allows any wheels, have at it. I do wish all tracks would require SC tires. It just looks better, more to scale and if everyone has to run them then there is no advantage.
+1. I totally agree with this. They are sc for a reason. not 1/8 buggy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.