Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New to electric off-road and need you HELP >

New to electric off-road and need you HELP

New to electric off-road and need you HELP

Old 01-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I race the XXX platforms! I think it will be very competitive on outdoors tracks.

Most forgiving buggy of them all currently! (never ran a 22 so cannot compare)
Old 01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks alot guys for the answers,

glad to hear good things about the RB5 as am really thinking about buying one.... i aint gonna race the 1/10 chassis, i will run it in our local track just for fun and to practice my offroad skills. If i ever think about buying a 4wd chassis, i really like the durango buggy

i will run a speed passion Pro GT 2.0 ESC aith a SP 8.5 v3 and i have many thunderpower lipo packs..... is the combo good??

are wheels and tires fit on all chassis like 1/8 buggy??
Old 01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
thanks alot guys for the answers,

glad to hear good things about the RB5 as am really thinking about buying one.... i aint gonna race the 1/10 chassis, i will run it in our local track just for fun and to practice my offroad skills. If i ever think about buying a 4wd chassis, i really like the durango buggy

i will run a speed passion Pro GT 2.0 ESC aith a SP 8.5 v3 and i have many thunderpower lipo packs..... is the combo good??

are wheels and tires fit on all chassis like 1/8 buggy??
they all use different wheels.. the K-Cars for instance use a 12mm hex all around
Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TailsNeon556
they all use different wheels.. the K-Cars for instance use a 12mm hex all around
thanks for the info, do the Jconcept wheels fit on the K car???

what about the tires?? do they all fit on different brand wheels?? for example, losi, Jconcept tires will fit on the Kyosho wheels??

do you guys balance the cars like we do in 1/10 TC??

cheers

Ali
Old 01-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
thanks for the info, do the Jconcept wheels fit on the K car???

what about the tires?? do they all fit on different brand wheels?? for example, losi, Jconcept tires will fit on the Kyosho wheels??

do you guys balance the cars like we do in 1/10 TC??

cheers

Ali
i dont think jconcepts makes kyosho wheels as of yet.. the only ones i have seen are for an associated (bearings in the front wheels / pin on the rear) so only the kyosho wheels fit ... losi, jconcepts, proline tires etc will mount on fine.. if using losi tires i flip them inside out first and trim the beads in half with an xacto or body scissors to ensure the bead sits in the rim nicely.. the losi beads are just a bit on the wide side.. at our track losi pink bk bars in the rear..with jconcepts 1/10 molded foams.. losi pink 06's up front with a whole bomb 1 or the stock losi rear foams stuffed in.

some people do balance their wheels.. i personally dont..
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TailsNeon556
What irritates me is that the 12mm hex are not standard like in the 1/10 onroad cars. I think it would be a good point when manufacterers use a standaard system to adapt the wheels like I said in the 1/10 onroad class.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
What irritates me is that the 12mm hex are not standard like in the 1/10 onroad cars. I think it would be a good point when manufacterers use a standaard system to adapt the wheels like I said in the 1/10 onroad class.
that was one of my pet peeves with my old B4 FT .. nothing like dropping a front wheel bearing when cleaning tires and never seeing it again.. the 12mm hex should by all means be standard.. i came back into this hobby about a year ago from a long hiatus and was quite shocked to see that they were still using drive pin style wheels.. whats with that?