Wiki Posts
Search

Got outerwears for my Slash 4x4 Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Got outerwears for my Slash 4x4 Ultimate

Been waiting to do my maiden drive with my new Slash 4x4 Ultimate until I got my blue Outerwears chassis covers. I've had good luck wit their products in the past, especially on my Baja 5T so I figured i'd give it a shot on my Slash and see how well it does for keeping it clean which I intend to find out tomorro hopefully.

Installation was pretty easy once I got a plan. First part was to clean the surfaces with some rubbing alcohol to make sure the velcro sticks well.

After that it was just a matter of measuring with my eye, trimming and applying the velcro in sections

I heard that some peeps wern't sure how to keep the back end sealed vs the 2wd Slash cover. A guy in a random forum suggested putting velcro on the gear cover and then pinching the mesh closed.

After about an hour, I was all done. The instructions state to let the velcro adhere to the surface for 24 hours. Dunno if thats really necassary but i'll let it sit overnight regardless.

With the velcro on the gear cover, I can still easily remove the cover and also have the cover mesh attached to keep junk outa the chassis. Works for me!

I"ll post my run, impressions and results of the cover in the crappy weather outside tomorroo along with pics and maybe a vid, stay tuned!
Old 01-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've got one for my slash 4x4 as well. I didn't think about doing the rear like that. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to run mine yet.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Looks brilliant !

But does it let a bit of air going through, to cool down a bit the electronic?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Makes me want a buggy body for my Slash. Secure with velcro....
Old 01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Finally managed to get enough energy with my cold to go outside and give the slash its maiden voyage and to see how well the outerwears did as well as the truck itself as it being my first SC truck. I"ll let the pictures do the talking. It was a combo of ice, slush, water and concrete driving all around.

The outerwears did a decent job of keeping out most of the major stuff, some water got in, but I expected that. I imagine it will do better in dry stuff or mud which I may or may not test out. All in all, I was pleased with the outerwears.

Last edited by Freezebyte; 01-19-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Sorry , what did you expect from it ? Its not a monster truck its a short course truck , low ground clearance , not made for running over really rough terrain , small tires etc. .

You're like the guys who get a 1/8 buggy for a basher and bitch cause it wont run through grass
Old 01-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Went and took the Slash for a drive in the snow a few days ago and had better results.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Awesome photo's and great info. I just ordered the excate same car/body myself. I'll wish I ordered the outerwear with the order. I'll place it in my next order.