Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What wheel fit the Stampede VXL >

What wheel fit the Stampede VXL

What wheel fit the Stampede VXL

Old 01-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What wheel fit the Stampede VXL

I'm coming from the 1/5 scale gas vehicles and recently bought my 8 year old a Stampede VXL. Does anyone know what wheels and tires fit this vehicle other than the standard Traxxas ones? I'm having a hard time determining if the 2.2, 2.8.3.0 tires fit and what wheels to go with them. The Proline Masher 2000's would be great after reading the reviews but I cannot find wheels (Proline shows 2.8 wheels that fit the VXL but no 2.2's - other than the discs which my son does not want).

Any links or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swimman
I'm coming from the 1/5 scale gas vehicles and recently bought my 8 year old a Stampede VXL. Does anyone know what wheels and tires fit this vehicle other than the standard Traxxas ones? I'm having a hard time determining if the 2.2, 2.8.3.0 tires fit and what wheels to go with them. The Proline Masher 2000's would be great after reading the reviews but I cannot find wheels (Proline shows 2.8 wheels that fit the VXL but no 2.2's - other than the discs which my son does not want).

Any links or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.
The Stampede uses a 12mm hex.

I'm not too familiar with 10th scale stuff, but check out these wheels here...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXWSN2&P=8

and tires here...

http://prolineracing.com/tires/mashe...n-truck-tires/

The difference between the 2.8 and 2.2 is slight. 2.8 wheels are on it now, and are basically the same thing as a 2.2 wheel, just with less tire options. They both use a 12mm hex however.