Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
A little input please!  =D >

A little input please! =D

A little input please! =D

Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Talking A little input please! =D

I just found out I will not be able to afford the E REVO Mamba ( brushless) SOooo, will the regular E REVO ( brushd) but as good and not a flop? It is a Tad under $500. Or for that price, is it better to go with the Savage FLUX? I just want to hear opinions. I thinking E REVO because its water proof, and its 2.5 GHz. Love any input
Old 01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If that's the case, go with the Savage Flux. The Brushless>Brushed comparison is large, and you'll be happier with a Brushless setup for sure.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You wont regret the flux unless your expecting an agile sreet maching.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

don't do it.

there has to be better cars out there that are brush-less for that kinda of dough.

that would be like buying a large turbocharger and not having the fuel for it. no fun!

personally im no fan of the e-revo. its too large and requires a stupid amount of battery to go anywhere. even in brush-less form. yes i did own one. lol

what about a vorza?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

$500 for a traxxas??? WOW.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Oh no no no. I am not expecting an agil street machine lol. I have a sprint 2 for that Yes, I have considered the Vorza. She is sexy for sure, but im looking for more of a monster truck feel and look.

But a few things I wondering. Remember, im new to electric off road trucks.

- Is the savage flux as powerful as the Erevo ( torque and speed)?
- Im worried if the single shock per wheel is adequate enough?
- Is she mean off road and can take jumps like me T-maxx? ( getting rid of the t-maxx)
- Will these batterys work with her and what kinda speed should I see with these ( approx.) ? http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9184

If you can think of anything else I should know, feel free to ramble
Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SubarooMike
Oh no no no. I am not expecting an agil street machine lol. I have a sprint 2 for that Yes, I have considered the Vorza. She is sexy for sure, but im looking for more of a monster truck feel and look.

But a few things I wondering. Remember, im new to electric off road trucks.

- Is the savage flux as powerful as the Erevo ( torque and speed)?
- Im worried if the single shock per wheel is adequate enough?
- Is she mean off road and can take jumps like me T-maxx? ( getting rid of the t-maxx)
- Will these batterys work with her and what kinda speed should I see with these ( approx.) ? http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9184

If you can think of anything else I should know, feel free to ramble
Possibly check out an electric truggy. They're more durable than any monster truck will ever be in my opinion. Any of the brands such as Associated, Losi, Mugen, etc. will be a great product. Anyway, to answer your questions...

- Is the savage flux as powerful as the Erevo ( torque and speed)? The Savage Flux uses the same exact system as the E-Revo. It is called the "HPI Blur" but it is really just a rebadged Mamba Monster with a 2200kv motor. (Same as E-Revo.
- Im worried if the single shock per wheel is adequate enough? The suspension on the Savage is good, I believe it uses a big bore shock.
- Is she mean off road and can take jumps like me T-maxx? ( getting rid of the t-maxx) It will make your T-Maxx look like a joke. A savage is far more durable than a T-maxx.

With dual batteries (Not sure if a Savage Flux uses that) (6S) setup you'd be running at approximately 45 mph.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No those batteries won't be good enough. You require at least 125a. Those are only 100a. If wanting to run a 5000mah battery you will require at least 25C. The motor and esc in the erevo and flux are the same. HPI now do a Flux 2350 which runs the Mamba Max Pro and not the Mamba Monster Max. Have you looked at the new Traxxas Stampede 4X4 Brushless?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Possibly check out an electric truggy. They're more durable than any monster truck will ever be in my opinion. Any of the brands such as Associated, Losi, Mugen, etc. will be a great product. Anyway, to answer your questions...

- Is the savage flux as powerful as the Erevo ( torque and speed)? The Savage Flux uses the same exact system as the E-Revo. It is called the "HPI Blur" but it is really just a rebadged Mamba Monster with a 2200kv motor. (Same as E-Revo.
- Im worried if the single shock per wheel is adequate enough? The suspension on the Savage is good, I believe it uses a big bore shock.
- Is she mean off road and can take jumps like me T-maxx? ( getting rid of the t-maxx) It will make your T-Maxx look like a joke. A savage is far more durable than a T-maxx.

With dual batteries (Not sure if a Savage Flux uses that) (6S) setup you'd be running at approximately 45 mph.

Is 45 MPH fairly adequate for a big truck like that??
Old 01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
No those batteries won't be good enough. You require at least 125a. Those are only 100a. If wanting to run a 5000mah battery you will require at least 25C. The motor and esc in the erevo and flux are the same. HPI now do a Flux 2350 which runs the Mamba Max Pro and not the Mamba Monster Max. Have you looked at the new Traxxas Stampede 4X4 Brushless?
Ohhh ok. I think I answered my last post. So the Savage Flux 2350, which is what im looking at purchasing, runs the Mamba max pro, correct? Now, is that Mamba Max pro more powerful then the Brushed EREVO?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SubarooMike
Ohhh ok. I think I answered my last post. So the Savage Flux 2350, which is what im looking at purchasing, runs the Mamba max pro, correct? Now, is that Mamba Max pro more powerful then the Brushed EREVO?
The Savage Flux 2350 indeed runs a rebadged Mamba Max pro. The motor is a brushless 2350kv motor and will be significantly faster and more powerful than the Brushed E-revo. However, I was reading on HPI's website and it suggests dual 2S Lipo backs. (4S 14.8v) To answer your other question, yes, 45 mph is insane in a monster truck considering the size. That is faster than what I have my vehicles that I race geared for.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

PM sent
Old 01-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Don't doubt the savage flux either. I watched one at Motorama last year put e-revo's to shame on the track also. Not sure what the guy had in it though. Totally unexpected from a truck that is really not a racing platform. I think something you should consider is where you plan on running it, like in the grass, etc. or on the track. If it were for backyard stuff, I would go with the savage. On the track, e-revos are a dying breed and it's all truggy's now. You also might want to check out the losi muggy for backyard stuff. Also, don't settle for something lesser if you do not have the money. Just wait and save the money. You will end up spending more on getting what you want if you comprimise.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani
Don't doubt the savage flux either. I watched one at Motorama last year put e-revo's to shame on the track also. Not sure what the guy had in it though. Totally unexpected from a truck that is really not a racing platform. I think something you should consider is where you plan on running it, like in the grass, etc. or on the track. If it were for backyard stuff, I would go with the savage. On the track, e-revos are a dying breed and it's all truggy's now. You also might want to check out the losi muggy for backyard stuff. Also, don't settle for something lesser if you do not have the money. Just wait and save the money. You will end up spending more on getting what you want if you comprimise.
I plan on just backyard bashing. A little dirt, a little grass, some jumps, gravel etc etc. Yeah, I am def. saving my pennies lol Ill def have some more $$ when I sell my mint and modded T-maxx and mint rustler.

Last edited by SubarooMike; 01-10-2011 at 07:03 PM.