Want unbiased opinions.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Want unbiased opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I guess i finally found the solution to this damn thing..I am really exhausted of this problem, it keeps on failing and failing but i think there really are some things that i missed to check..Thanks anyways, for the information shared here... I really do hope this would fix it.. Or else, I don't know what to do anymore...
On the grapevine have heard it takes a while to work it all out, but once that is done, a friend has told me that it is very quick. He did not have to give his credit card details out to anyone, but they are inserted into part of a programme on your own computer. Apparently. So no need for scare tactics on that score.Google is your friend.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
here is Rod Rippee's setup.....may want to compare to what you have now.....good luck man.

T4.1:
Front:

3 piston, 32.5 wt, 2 limiters, silver spring, outside on arm, middle on tower, 30* blocks, 2 spindle washers, 2B camber with 1 washer.

Rear:

1 piston, 30 wt, no limiters, black spring with 2 coils cut off (need b44 offset spring cups so you can get the correct ride height), inside on arm, inside on tower, 2* antisquat, .5* hubs spaced back, 1B camber link with 1 washer.

Battery ½ pad back from forward, 8.5 motor with 87/20 gearing. No weight added.
I did not care for my 4.1 till Rod helped me set it up this way. Now it is a dream to drive. Give it a shot it may suit your style. All the setups i used off of the ae site were on edge and had that twitchy feel to me.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Well, I went to tracj today withmy brother who had the spare Losi and it's night and day differernce between the two. I threw in my electronics in the losi and off I went. Able to full throttle it through the woops, (the T4.1 would bobble), Full throttle down the straight, to let up the trigger finger just in time for it to slow down to make the turn (dialed turn), before the small doubles before the 180 turn into the double jumps. Flew like an eagle. And this is with the setup out of the box. No weight placement anywhere on the truck with my 45C lipos, Im sold. Back to Losi I go. A friend I am going to the track tomorrow has an RT5 that im going to drive, Mostly the same electronics setup, cept I run LRP, and He runs Orion (maybe a straight swap). If the RT5 handles as good as the Losi then Im buying an RB5. I have a friend at Speedtechrc who said he can get me whatever I need for parts be it Kyosho or Tamiya, So parts wont bew an issue, the $450.00 dollar investment will killme finacially for a week or so, But this T4.1 is gone. Anyone want one? have plenty of spare parts except the new chassis, Have a brand new one from the non-factory kit.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Everyone has a different driving style and possibly the T4.1 doesn`t fit you . Granted , I`ve been a losi nut since the beginning but I have owned a few AE cars/trucks . I honestly hate the way the drive , but I`m sure a lot is my style and the fact I`m used to Losi .

Something else to consider is TQ racing , their cars and trucks are like having an AE and Losi into one vehicle .
The Losi was miles better. The AE is gone, Up for sale tomorrow, but I have a chance to drive an RT5 first. If that doesnt handle the way the Losi does then I am switching out trucks with my bro, Funny thing is this, He had shit for tires, Nothing like the Jconcepts bar codes all around, mouting correctly according to their website, and it still drive better then the AE. I like a truck that geared to the hilt with a 13.5, but the AE is just unmanagable, and this is at OC/RC high bite clay track.