Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New short course trucks for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wstuart
i dont think the ae car will be using 550 motors.

the only basis i have for that opinion is that rick howart of AE seemed really pissed on this forum when roar approved the 550. We kind of saw that as an indication that AE committed to a standard motor in their design. This makes sense to me because a b44 based truck should be WAY lighter than the jammins hypers and super heavy losi. I think the AE car will clean up indoors but have no place on a bumpy eighth scale track (anyone who has driven a b44 knows this). The losi should be awesome everywhere, just be sure to have good battery packs if your track has a 2s limit like mine - that truck will be HEAVY.
The thing is if Associated wants to make it so light, how are they going to compete for a National Championship at a ROAR event or something? Minimum Weight is 5.5lbs I believe (unless it changed, which could be because I'm not a ROAR member and only sometimes look at their rules). I know for a fact that my Hyper 10SC Bump Edition 2.0 (the new light chassis and all that) barely gets into that weight limit with how it sits right now race ready. Yes that is with a 550 motor. I had to find out for sure because I am going to a big race soon that will be enforcing a weight rule. So, it will not be much lighter than my Bump Edition 2.0 if they would want to compete.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Yeah I hope ROAR eases up on the weight rule. Our TS-502SCT is slated to weigh in right around 4.2 lbs!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just thought I'd get this to the top of the list again!, surely someone knows what's on the horizon!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
Why would AE go with a belt drive? Can a belt handle to 550 motors on the market? If the new AE 4wd SCT is belt drive what is it really based on. The B44 is shaft drive. I will stick with my Jammin until I see something worth switching. My Jammin is dialed in pretty good now.
I think if they go through testing and the belt holds up, it will be fine. Maybe the next new thing. =
Old 01-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Yeah I hope ROAR eases up on the weight rule. Our TS-502SCT is slated to weigh in right around 4.2 lbs!
My Hyper is down to 5.25lbs. The 5.5lbs weight minimum is too high I think.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pswag115
Durango for the win!
Are they going to make a rear bumper for it? It would suck to have to rig a bumper on it to be legal for some races.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why be so secretive with the losi/ae trucks, you end up buying something just cause you can and then they bring out something else, why not give us a few details once the proto is finalized then we can decide to wait or by something that's available!!!! it shits me and it happens with everything, I doubt very much that losi would change a design they have been working on for a year after they found out ae/durango were doing something slighty different!!! That's my 2 cents worth.........
Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CR0SS
My Hyper is down to 5.25lbs. The 5.5lbs weight minimum is too high I think.
my losi 4X4 sct is 6.5 lbs
Old 01-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CR0SS
Are they going to make a rear bumper for it? It would suck to have to rig a bumper on it to be legal for some races.
I don't think anywhere on ROAR rules it says that it must be a certain dimension for rear bumper. That's for front bumper. It just says for rear bumper that it must have one and it does have one. It's just not full size. But it DOES have a rear bumper. So I would think it would be legal.

my hyper weighs in at almost exactly at the ROAR weight limit. So I'm legal! barely! Even though yes 5.5 is pretty high, I sort of like it like that. In my mind it keeps people from doing all kinds of crazy crap to their truck just so they can be at minimum weight.