Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS Pro Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tekin RS Pro Problem

I just hooked up a tekin rs pro and i am having a problemwith it heating up and occasionally cutting out. Everything is set up correct with the wiring and capacitor.
The problem seems to be caused by my servo. When it is turned all the way to one direction it cuts out and heats up quick when using the servo alot. Without it plugged in and just using the motor it stays ice cold.
I have protek 5200 45c battery. Orion Vortex 8.5. JR Z9100S high speed servo. Using a Futaba FASST tx/rx.

Can anyone help me?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Are your end point adjustments (EPA) set on your radio? It sounds like the steering is going to full lock and the servo is still trying to drive further. This will cause a large amount of current to be drawn from the ESC's BEC. Set the EPA on your radio 1 or 2 clicks below full lock so as though not to overload the servo. Another thing you can do is add a capacitor to the receiver. The capacitor will smooth out the voltage drawn by the servo, thus putting less of a strain on the BEC. When the BEC voltage drops it can cause "brown outs" in the receiver. This will cause glitching of all sorts.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
Are your end point adjustments (EPA) set on your radio? It sounds like the steering is going to full lock and the servo is still trying to drive further. This will cause a large amount of current to be drawn from the ESC's BEC. Set the EPA on your radio 1 or 2 clicks below full lock so as though not to overload the servo. Another thing you can do is add a capacitor to the receiver. The capacitor will smooth out the voltage drawn by the servo, thus putting less of a strain on the BEC. When the BEC voltage drops it can cause "brown outs" in the receiver. This will cause glitching of all sorts.
case will be solved by this.. thats what my 1258 savox did to my rs.

bought a spektrum cap for the rx.. problem solved...
Old 12-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
case will be solved by this.. thats what my 1258 savox did to my rs.

bought a spektrum cap for the rx.. problem solved...
+1
Old 12-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks alot for the help. Will this also keep the esc from heating up so fast?
Old 12-26-2010, 05:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmxRC009
Thanks alot for the help. Will this also keep the esc from heating up so fast?
Yeah, the extra stress was going to the esc, it wont have to work as hard any longer...I would keep an eye on things for a little while to be sure the problem has been solved...
Old 12-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I was thinking of buying a Tekin RS pro 10.5 for my SC truck.Ya'll are saying if the front wheels lock too much one direction or the other the ESC gets hot/glitches?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rifraf
I was thinking of buying a Tekin RS pro 10.5 for my SC truck.Ya'll are saying if the front wheels lock too much one direction or the other the ESC gets hot/glitches?
they actually call it EPA adjustment, or common sense electronics for the past 20 years gives or take a decade.

If your radio and equipment are set correctly you'll never see this issue
Old 12-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by abailey21
they actually call it EPA adjustment, or common sense electronics for the past 20 years gives or take a decade.

If your radio and equipment are set correctly you'll never see this issue
No CHIT....
Old 12-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

No CHIT....

Old 12-26-2010, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

What he is saying is- that the servo is still pushing to turn, even though the linkage in the vehicle has reached it's end point, basically overloading the esc. A basic end point adjustment on the radio will usually cure the problem--Its not an ESC problem, more of a servo overworking the ESC problem.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flame56mx
What he is saying is- that the servo is still pushing to urn, even though the linkage has reached it's end point, basically overloading the esc. A basic end point adjustment on the radio will usually cure the problem.
Very nice explanation,not too crabby..I completely understand what you are saying..
Thanks,
Old 12-26-2010, 07:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

No CHIT....
yes, according to your previous comment I do chit at such a question

I read it how i see it and according to your previous statement you're NOT going to buy Tekin because of something you read on the interwebz.

But your apparent sarcasm would speak to the fact that you already knew and you are performing an "inter-web-facade" to steer unknowing customers to and or from said company by what you say.

Because of this I am very confused on whether i should stick with Tekin or go with some fly by night Hong Kongese like Hobbywing.

you sir have confused me in a matter I am not ready to deal with on a personal level.

I will go to my corner and cry while listening to Michael Bolton songs because you have jaded all of my radio controlled buying experiences for the next year, or twelve

I heart you for your interwebhonesty
Old 12-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abailey21
yes, according to your previous comment I do chit at such a question

I read it how i see it and according to your previous statement you're NOT going to buy Tekin because of something you read on the interwebz.

But your apparent sarcasm would speak to the fact that you already knew and you are performing an "inter-web-facade" to steer unknowing customers to and or from said company by what you say.

Because of this I am very confused on whether i should stick with Tekin or go with some fly by night Hong Kongese like Hobbywing.

you sir have confused me in a matter I am not ready to deal with on a personal level.

I will go to my corner and cry while listening to Michael Bolton songs because you have jaded all of my radio controlled buying experiences for the next year, or twelve

I heart you for your interwebhonesty
which then makes me because i do not
Old 12-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

I WILL be buying a Tekin RS Pro system,they make very good ESC,I have used several in my 25yrs. of R/C..endpoints are very simple to use..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.