R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-30-2004, 04:50 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Noob Questions

OK So im new to the world of Nitro cars. ABout 10 years ago i used to run a couple of Tamiya Electric cars - but aint done that for ages now.

My girlfriend bought me as a surprise for my birthday, a nitro Smartech Winner 3 (speedy tiger) offroad buggy.

Now before people slate it for whatever reason - please dont. Its my first Nitro car, and it was a good surprise and it runs really well. Im pleased with it and hey, my gf didnt know any better.

Anyway, i have a couple of questions about it :-

I have managed to get the thing going with my glow plug starter etc and race the thing around - goes like a bat out of hell and is great fun (will certainly do me till i get more into it and upgrade). However, i think im being stupid but how the hell do i stop the engine. The only way i figured out how to is to screw shut the little screw on the engine............then after a few seconds it dies. Is there a proper way?

Also, i managed to snap one of the front suspension arms, which is fine cos i have another one on order - but the place im ordering it form is shutting down and i cant find any more plaes that sell the parts for it..........especially in the uk. Does anyone know where i can get spare parts for it - or can bits like the front suspension be converted to a more generic or common make?

I know this is a noob question and a long winded one - but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers GUys

EvilMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:49 AM   #2

http://www.goldstarstockists.com carries spare parts...

shut off your motor ... there is many ways.. read this article: http://wildhobbies.com/news/default....&articleid=626
JonteJsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:08 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

awesome thanks man
EvilMunky is offline   Reply With Quote