Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sportwerks Mayhem Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Jesse are you going to be at the rock pile on Sunday? If you are could you bring the piston and sleeve. I had one of the Milwaukee guys drop it off at Trackside for you.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah thanks king, I actually stopped taking out the bearing when it started happening like every other time I tried to start it. Now I just take the glowplug out and spray some wd40 down there and turn the motor over a few time by hand to work it around. After that it turns over and saves me the time of having to take the whole motor of. Sometimes I guess due to the wd40 the motor locks up and I have to drain it though. But still it's way easier than taking the whole motor off everytime.

Maybe I got a crappy one way bearing, who knows.

BTW what shock oil are you guys using on your mayhems?
The stuff that's in there seems very soft
Old 08-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The stuff that's in it is supposed to be 30w. Is it the oil or the springs that are soft?

What about the diffs? Has anyone taken one of them apart yet? What are they like? Are they actually filled with the 5k and 1k that's claimed?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

It seems both.

From people that have opened the shocks they say the oil is very thin.

Does anyone know if the pro uses different springs??
Old 08-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Have anyone seen or heard of hopeups yet . I have seen some colored chassis side pods.I would like to see some blue aluminum parts.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How long have some of you had your Mayhems for? I'm just trying to figure out how long they've been out and how the durability and the ease of getting replacement part's will be. I don't know if I am going to get one and if it will be a basher or racer. I have a Hyper 7 as well that I really like. We'll see if I end up being happy with what it looks like by the end of the time frame i have given myself to buy a new car. I am lening very heavy into this car though, and for it to be my race car.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The mayhem is very durable. I finally broke a part on it yesterday and it was not the buggys fault. I was full wood on the straight when a buggy jumped the pipe going the other way and the only thing that broke was a lower arm. Any buggy would have broken for sure. To bad it happened at the 39 minute mark of a 40 minute main.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

The clutch is junk mine fell out in pieces when I took of the bell house,and the screws need to be locktite in I lost 1 on the frontend and the 2 that hold the rear bulkhead brace on,and the brace its self.those are on back order for anouther month
Old 08-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

man thats gotta suck jesse.... so was that at the nitro farm??? how does it handle, and what kinda tires are you using, or are ya using the stk. ones???
Old 08-25-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Rookie

The clutch on my Mayhem was slipping right out of the box, but only sometimes. I called the customer service people and told them I had a bad clutch and that I heard they were replacing them, and they didn't know what I was talking about.
Told me to sand the clutch shoes and the inside of the clutch bell with fine grit sand paper. So I guess I will try that sometime.

Anyhow, this is my first 1/8 scale buggy, and after racing it last sunday I was really impressed with it.

I didn't even really want it, it was just one of those impulsive r/c shopping decisions, but now I'm hooked.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Ya it was at nitro farm. the buggy worked great. I used panther k2 tires and it was on rails. The motor was flawless and was one of the fastest on the track. I had 3 major brain faids in the main and it cost me bigtime otherwise my lap times were as fast or faster than the rest of the field. This was the first time I raced buggy in 2 months.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

KINGZJ what shock oil combo have you found that works well as a neutral starting point?

And are you using the stock springs or have you tried others

Have there been any beneficail mods you have done to your buggy that you could share

Thanks
Old 08-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Using mugen grey springs front and rear. 50 front and 35 rear oil (asc oil). toss the stock clutch it stinks get the mugen white shoes and mugen 1.0 springs. Dremeled the rear down stops on the chassis to get as much rear droop as possible. That is all that has been done to the buggy at this point.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Damn 50 in the front!!!!

Ok thanks for the tips I'll try that and the spring s you said
Old 08-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

oh and have you had any problems with the CVD's when you increase the downward travel like that.

I know some mayhem owners are having problems with their CVD's so I was just wandering if this could compound the potential problem??

Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.