Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ribbed front tires for scts

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't run SC, but the TORC series came to my track last year, so I've seen the 1:1 rigs up close.

Originally Posted by CR0SS
These tires look nothing like a stock slash or HPI tire.
Take the outer half of those front tires (the rib-ish looking part) and that is basically how every Pro-2 front tire was on our race dates, my thoughts when seeing them was they are basically large-scale ribbed tires. BFG, Maxxis, Kumho, they all cut them that way.

So, basically, a true "rib" tire is incorrect, turn the ribs into elongated tread blocks and that'd be accurate.

Now I'm kicking myself for not taking any pictures......
Old 12-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I don't know I thought the chat lounge was for complaining on topics like this. This turns into one more negative thread in R/C that really makes people want do this hobby. I hope nobody that wants to get into SCT reads this thread thats for sure.
I guess I'm not reading it the same way as you are. I don't see any negativity in this conversation, just racers sharing their experience and opinion about a new tire direction.

The only really negative post I saw was your post about deleting previous to this.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With 16,000+ posts there is no way you don't know 95% of Rctech is people complaining.

To me this is kind of a discussion on how we think how 2wd SCT is creeping back toward stadium truck. This is because the consumer is driving the market back toward stadium truck performance which can't be had with the gigantor SCT chassis's's's's (however you spell multiple chassis hehe).
Old 12-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

A new part that doesn't affect how the truck actually looks on the track but offers another way to tune my car? Lets do this.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

What is expensive is different for each person. I consider $16-22 for a pair of tires pretty cheap. The initial investment to get started in RC racing is expensive but after that it is pretty inexpensive maintenance wise.
im with you.I have been an oval racer for about 17 years & scts are no were close to the cost that it takes to run oval and be fast. the last 2 years that i started to race offroad i have had a blast and saved alot of money.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

These tires look nothing like a stock slash or HPI tire.
they are not ribs either
Old 12-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
I had to read 3 pages of debate on these new tires and still not one person has even commented on what this thread is for on how these tires will work. Damn just lock the thread or delete it.
O.G. poster asked for thoughts on the new ribbed tire,not data or test runs..although data and test runs are gonna show soon.Did you start this thread or own this website? So why would it be blocked or deleted?Cuz you don't like its contents?I see you have a zillion posts,so im assuming you have driven a two wheel drive with ribs up front? They work well on 2-wd cars and trucks.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DarthRacer
MTs were fun, then there were the low CG conversions to make them 'race' vehicles, then they evolved into truggies. Who races MTs now? No one that's who.
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Anybody remember racing T-Maxxes and Savages and such?

...Anybody?

Just Truggies huh? a'ight...
I'm quilty ,I used to run a 2-wd Sport Maxx with a Sirio tx 18(best motor I ever had)with Imex ribs up front at the old rev track,thing was fun as hell!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dvsstrike
they are not ribs either
Good thing no one said they were.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No one is forcing you to move out of spec. This class is cool because of scalish bodies and fender to fender racing. Driving & watching this class with better handling cars is win/win with less out of control trucks. People need to quit looking down on sc as a beginner only class. SC is still cheap compared to 1/8. My $0.02, but worth everything to me.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think you are seeing such a 'heated discussion' on this is because so many people love the class and want it to stay around long term. We just have a few disagreements on how to do that.