Wiki Posts
Search

ribbed front tires for scts

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Anybody remember racing T-Maxxes and Savages and such?

...Anybody?

Just Truggies huh? a'ight...
MTs were fun, then there were the low CG conversions to make them 'race' vehicles, then they evolved into truggies. Who races MTs now? No one that's who.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yup, another form of racing that was both a great entry for budget-minded beginners but still challenging to seasoned racers, flown straight into the ground by the aftermarket.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

IMO it takes away what Short Course is all about. It's not only about looking scale, but how they drive. Might sound weird, but I find it BORING having a truck/car that is always on rails no matter what. That's why I don't race buggies or a stadium truck. Just too "boring" to me where they are all on rails.

I love SC racing because it's so easy to make that one mistake with these trucks that are "ill handling." It makes the racing so much better. With SC racing it is not over till you cross that line and the race director says that you're done. Why? Because you just never know what that truck will chose to push, or get loose all of a sudden, or when it will decide to parachute over a jump (for those of us who run at tracks that have HUGE jumps). That's why I love SC racing. You gotta be on top of your game.

Now sure, I don't like driving a SC truck that is handling bad, as it's not fun. But I do love SC racing because they are never on rails. Sure the setup may feel on rails, but these trucks are very sensitive to track changes. One race you'll be struggling for grip and just sliding everywhere. Next race, the thing could be traction rolling all over the place (very easy to do with a SC truck).
Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

as much as i'd like for these tires to not exist, there's no way any type of scale truck will last in the racing world. there's simply too much drive to sacrifice scale looks for performance.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Some will love them and some will hate them, it all depends on what you do with them. just go have fun with you short course whether you race or bash just have fun. oh and they're ribbed for your pleasure.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For all you guys complaining about being "scale" go add 30 pounds to your car and be more like the real trucks. Lucas oil pro 2 unlimited trucks that everything is modeled off of for this class have a minimum weight of 3750. So make your traxxas slash weigh 37.5 pounds race it then you can get up on your soap box and complain about ribbed tires.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
mof
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alexkenison
For all you guys complaining about being "scale" go add 30 pounds to your car and be more like the real trucks. Lucas oil pro 2 unlimited trucks that everything is modeled off of for this class have a minimum weight of 3750. So make your traxxas slash weigh 37.5 pounds race it then you can get up on your soap box and complain about ribbed tires.
3,75 pounds would be more accurate (1:10th in length, 1:10th in width and 1:10th in height adds up to 1/(10*10*10) in weight, or 1:1000th).
Old 12-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

My bad. You are correct on the weight should have checked my math again. But in the same argument the trucks should be limited to around 10 mph then if you want to stay scale.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

My bad. You are correct on the weight should have checked my math again. But in the same argument the trucks should be limited to around 10 mph then if you want to stay scale.
Once again someone has to go and take scale entirely too literally.

Actually, if you want scale they are very scale. Why? The 2wd trucks in real life are crazy hard to get power to and you have to play with the throttle a ton just to do something. Hmm...guess what? WE DO THE SAME! Seems pretty dang scale to me. The real life trucks aren't driving on rails, so why should we have to

Sure, the speeds may not be to "scale" but come on now. Quit taking stuff way to literally.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twigman08
Once again someone has to go and take scale entirely too literally.

Actually, if you want scale they are very scale. Why? The 2wd trucks in real life are crazy hard to get power to and you have to play with the throttle a ton just to do something. Hmm...guess what? WE DO THE SAME! Seems pretty dang scale to me. The real life trucks aren't driving on rails, so why should we have to

Sure, the speeds may not be to "scale" but come on now. Quit taking stuff way to literally.
Then quit makin such s big deal out of a damn tire! I personally love the fact that there us another option out there if you don't like it don't run it and quit the damn debate.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Then quit makin such s big deal out of a damn tire! I personally love the fact that there us another option out there if you don't like it don't run it and quit the damn debate.
The problem is you'll be fooling yourself if you think this will be an "option", this is just something else people will HAVE to use if they want a hope in hell of competing with the top level drivers at their track.

All it does is make the fast guys faster and the slow guys poorer. Everybody spends more on what was intended as a budget-friendly class just to make the gap between the two ends of the field wider.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by twigman08
The 2wd trucks in real life are crazy hard to get power to and you have to play with the throttle a ton just to do something. Hmm...guess what? WE DO THE SAME!
"Did"...should be "did the same"...past tense.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

The problem is you'll be fooling yourself if you think this will be an "option", this is just something else people will HAVE to use if they want a hope in hell of competing with the top level drivers at their track.

All it does is make the fast guys faster and the slow guys poorer. Everybody spends more on what was intended as a budget-friendly class just to make the gap between the two ends of the field wider.
ding! ding! ding!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

All it does is make the fast guys faster and the slow guys poorer.
and that's why its racing. Look at any form of racing, the people who are fast are that way for a reason. Either they work their ass off or get left behind. you don't get good by complaining on a forum, you get good by putting time in your vehicles and time behind the wheel and you take every advantage you can get. Then you can do one of 2 things, complain that you had a bad race, your car wasn't handling, something went wrong, OR you suck it up take it with a grain of salt and work harder.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

It's not about getting good, it's about just getting started. Short Course began as a way for novice drivers to run alongside the seasoned experts and learn from them.

"Empty your wallet" shouldn't be Lesson #1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.