Wiki Posts
Search

RTR SCT

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RTR SCT

Is there any 2wd or 4wd (1/10) RTR that is "competitive" and somewhat reliable out of the box? I'm coming from nitro 1/8 scale where you can take LOSI RTR and change the servos and be somewhat competitive and reliable, I guess would be the example im giving of what i'm looking for. Just dont have time for Nitro right now and looking for some simple ways to get into SCT, love the apperance of them and I have a 4year old who I would love to take to the track with me just dont want her around Nitro right now. Any all opinions are welcomed! Thanks
Old 12-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Associated SC10, Kyosho SC my 2 cents
Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Blitz needs small upgrades but can be competitive out of the box. That is the only one that i am familiar with.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

While its new to the party I'd vote for the Losi XXX Sct. Comes pretty competitive out iof the box as well as having Spectrum radio system as oposed to crystals or associateds 2.4. Plus if you have a nice radio that is Spectrum compatible you can just bind it and go.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASATRUGGYFAN
Is there any 2wd or 4wd (1/10) RTR that is "competitive" and somewhat reliable out of the box? I'm coming from nitro 1/8 scale where you can take LOSI RTR and change the servos and be somewhat competitive and reliable, I guess would be the example im giving of what i'm looking for. Just dont have time for Nitro right now and looking for some simple ways to get into SCT, love the apperance of them and I have a 4year old who I would love to take to the track with me just dont want her around Nitro right now. Any all opinions are welcomed! Thanks
They are a lot of fun. I would check the track and see what the locals are running. It really depends on what class you intend to run at the track. The best all around common racers would be the Blitz and the SC10. The RTR's have questionable electronics though and are not the best for racing. The Slash RTR has excellent electronics, but it is not the best racer unless you make quite a bit of modifications.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

How are the electronics in the brushless SC10? Any input on the 4x4 SLASH PLATINUM?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASATRUGGYFAN
How are the electronics in the brushless SC10? Any input on the 4x4 SLASH PLATINUM?
Electronics are fine...2.4Ghz same as Spektrum , dont know anything about 4x4 slash. I did own 2-2wd slashes and they are tough as nails great for bashing my kids loved them
Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

4x4 slash is the best 4wd RTR it will laugh at what you can throw at it. walls, pipes, other cars lol Sc class is a blast. nothing but fun and laughs
Old 12-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

What kind of batteries (LIPO) for the RTR BL SC10 and SLASH 4X4 and a good charger?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Are you planning on racing in the stock "spec" cals or some other class? The slashes generally don't handle too well, but they are tough. The blitz is super tough, and can hang wit the best of them with a few mods. THE ESE version is even better. The new losi XXX-SCT is most likely one of the better RTRs out there, we even had an rtr win the mod class the other night. The stock electronics aren't all that bad actually.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Honestly if you want to be competitve all the electronics that come with all the rtr's are pretty much junk. That being said the new XXX-SCT is the best out of the box. The tires do not really need to be upgraded to run in a mod class and they are the best " Stock" tire out there. The vehicle also comes with CVA's which are very nice and usually a 20-50 dollar upgrade. Im running my XXX-SCT with a Novak 17.5 and Futaba 9405 Servo and its great/stock wheels and tires. I would recommend this set-up. Oh an i have had every SC truck..3 Sc10's, 3 Slash's, 4 Blitz's,3 kyosho's, 1 Strike...Its better hands down
Old 12-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default XXX-SCT is a great choice

I am not going to tell you that the New Losi XXX-SCT is the best one out there only because I do not have experience with all the other SCT RTR kits. But I will tell you that I picked up on last week. Installed my electronics but if I was on a budget the stock servo works very well.

I was able to qualify in the top 3 in stock and TQ Mod with the truck almost out of the box.

I changed shock oil, tires and threaded shocks (Only because I had them) they offer no performance enhancement only ease of adjustment. The stock shocks are very good and no need to upgrade right away. The tires that come on the losi are one of the bust RTR tire but depending on your track condition you may want a different tire.

Truck drives great, is easy to run hard and very durable.

My vote is the new losi.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Losi or Kyosho... atleast to me.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I have the ESE, and I modded it so it handles as good as a kyosho (or close to it). After talking to some pros at my track (losi's Matt chambers and dustin evans, lucky me!) and seeing reviews of the XXX-SCT, there's a new losi coming to my bench! I will be able to give a better review of it later.