Wiki Posts
Search

Another racing ettiquette question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JMYBFFT
This came up last night and I am not sure if I handled it correctly. I was running in second place with third only a couple seconds behind me. First place was faster than me and at about the 4 minute mark was lapping me. I let him by by swinging wide and then went back to my line. He bobbled shortly after this and I went back by him and now was being pressed by third place. When he caught back up to me I did not just make room for him to pass and kept racing to make sure I stayed ahead of third place. Is this OK or should I have let him by again? Thanks.
The battle on the track was for 2nd... all he had to do was stick it in behind 3rd and follow you guys around the track and the win was his. It is important at that point that he didn't mess up YOUR guy's race.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

This came up last night and I am not sure if I handled it correctly. I was running in second place with third only a couple seconds behind me. First place was faster than me and at about the 4 minute mark was lapping me. I let him by by swinging wide and then went back to my line. He bobbled shortly after this and I went back by him and now was being pressed by third place. When he caught back up to me I did not just make room for him to pass and kept racing to make sure I stayed ahead of third place. Is this OK or should I have let him by again? Thanks.
If he is lapping you he is going to win anyways. You should do what ever you can to keep 3rd off your back. Technically you didnt have to let him pass at all being in second. Its not like he needed to get buy you fight off the guy behind him, cuz its you!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The correct thing to do would be to brake check him on the strait. The ideal outcome would be he'd break and you'd have 1st