Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xxx sct conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default xxx sct conversion

ok, i have a xxx-cr buggy that i want to convert to an sct. would i need to change a-arms to the truck arms or could i get by with the stock arms? thanks for any help
Old 12-13-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You will need to change the a-arms, chassis (buggy chassis is too short), front steering knuckles, spindles, axles, rear CVD's, front/rear shocks, towers, and nose plate. It's not worth doing on a buggy.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

im fabricating the extension plates myself so i can make them longer to make up for the shorter chassis, and i know i would have to get longer cvds, truck a-arms but why the other stuff?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Lord

You'll wind up with some really whacky suspension geometry because of how far out the shock mounting positions are on the arms and the rear might even require too much stroke for the rear buggy shocks though on second thought, the longer rear shocks would be the only ones you need. Buggy rears are truck fronts.

There's also body mounting and bumpers to consider. Full bumpers are part of the rules at most SCT tracks.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

i know, the track i race at doesnt require them but i want them for protection but i am going to probably use sc10 bumpers with alluminum "converters" to let them mount to stock holes or not many extra holes to drill. i want to do this with the least work possible, what about just running like associated truck shocks? iv always liked the feel of associated shocks but i dont like their 1/10 trucks/buggies lol, i could never get mine to handle worth a crap.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default truck conversion??

you wont need nose plate axles or cvds, buy the truck replacement bones use your old axles. you'll need front hinge pins that go in the hub carriers wait a week and you can buy the xxx sct bumpers and body mounts they may be avaiable now
Old 12-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok, so could somebody tell me all the parts il need? i know i need
a-arms
shocks
turnbuckles
cvds
chassis
what else?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

would it be possible to use losi eight shocks? would it make it better? or worse?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by skdurbin
would it be possible to use losi eight shocks? would it make it better? or worse?
Worse. WAY Too big and no available springs that are soft enough.

Bigdaddy, are the XXXT and XXX(b) the same up front? I thought the nose plates were different, especially the upper.