Community
Wiki Posts
Search

used slash

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default used slash

I am getting back into the hobby after a year or so I had such a bad taste in my mouth when my 3.3 t maxx broke a connecting rod after only 10 tanks. I decieded to go electric because the brushless and lipo combo is simply amazing. I found a 2wd brushless slash with a team losi brushless motor and stock vxl esc, it also has a jr x3i controller and reciever the shocks are also upgraded to piggyback integy aluminum shocks. It also comes with a venom 11.1 4400 lipo with charger (parkzone) and multiple sets of tires and wheels some new. is 200 for all this a good deal? please help I am itching to get back into the hobby because the slash is an awesome machine for bashing.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by vwtech
I am getting back into the hobby after a year or so I had such a bad taste in my mouth when my 3.3 t maxx broke a connecting rod after only 10 tanks. I decieded to go electric because the brushless and lipo combo is simply amazing. I found a 2wd brushless slash with a team losi brushless motor and stock vxl esc, it also has a jr x3i controller and reciever the shocks are also upgraded to piggyback integy aluminum shocks. It also comes with a venom 11.1 4400 lipo with charger (parkzone) and multiple sets of tires and wheels some new. is 200 for all this a good deal? please help I am itching to get back into the hobby because the slash is an awesome machine for bashing.
It is hard to say, but too me it seems like too much of a cobble together of the guy's leftover stuff or stuff he had problems with so he threw all his junk together in that weird package.
If you're getting back in buy new, at least you know everything works well.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

200 bucks for any Slash is a great deal for the seller, yes.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

That's a good deal..RTR..brushless for $200 is a great price and theirs nothing wrong with a slash..but the integy shocks are a downgrade..for 2wd a vxl is perfect, sounds like a great deal..don't listen to the haters..you don't need to spend 2K to have fun..
Old 12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chunkyb
It is hard to say, but too me it seems like too much of a cobble together of the guy's leftover stuff or stuff he had problems with so he threw all his junk together in that weird package.
If you're getting back in buy new, at least you know everything works well.
What are you talking about? What's thrown together? A different motor speed controller combo..really....wow..
Old 12-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

It does come with all the stock parts so its not really thrown together I can put it back the way I want it. A lipo and a charger is around a 100 dollars and the tires that come with it are probably worth another 70 or so. a new slash is around 360 so even if I had to spend another 100 or so getting it the way I want it I'm still ahead of the game.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
200 bucks for any Slash is a great deal for the seller, yes.
there must be a reason they're the most popular.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Same reason so many Jettas are sold to high school girls
Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Same reason so many Jettas are sold to high school girls
really man I'm looking for some usefull info here not some fanboy who enjoys trying to piss people off or being a jackass. I'm looking for a good basher and everyone who I have talked to even the owner of the hobby store told me to get a slash.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

they're easy to work on, parts are pretty cheap, and they're easy to mod. for your first car back into rc a slash would be a great choice.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

My Slash is my only electric off-road vehicle, and it's pretty durable IMO. It's easy to work on, parts are readily available, and is buckets of fun. With all the abuse I out my Slash through, the only thing I've had to replace was a shock shaft. Even the option Titanium Nitride shaft was like 12 bus for a pair (stock piece would have been $4 for the pair). Compared to parts on my touring cars, the Slash parts are priced low.

vwtech - if you do get one, make sure you get the baja body - it looks really good on the Slash.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's not a bad deal, but its not the best either.. Have you seen the truck? is it worth 200? What is the condition of the lipo? Puffed, damaged? It comes down to the usual buyer beware used car buying experiance. Just my thoughts.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macavant
My Slash is my only electric off-road vehicle, and it's pretty durable IMO. It's easy to work on, parts are readily available, and is buckets of fun. With all the abuse I out my Slash through, the only thing I've had to replace was a shock shaft. Even the option Titanium Nitride shaft was like 12 bus for a pair (stock piece would have been $4 for the pair). Compared to parts on my touring cars, the Slash parts are priced low.

vwtech - if you do get one, make sure you get the baja body - it looks really good on the Slash.

SWEET RIDE
Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vwtech
really man I'm looking for some usefull info here not some fanboy who enjoys trying to piss people off or being a jackass. I'm looking for a good basher and everyone who I have talked to even the owner of the hobby store told me to get a slash.
They're really just NOT worth that much. There are so many out there.

If it had a higher end brushless setup, or came with a DECENT radio, sure...but it's just a used Slash with a used brushless system with what is likely an RTR radio.

Sure it has all kinds of cool extras. That's great. Not bashing the truck (no particular like for them, but no particular dislike), it's just not worth much money.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

They're really just NOT worth that much. There are so many out there.

If it had a higher end brushless setup, or came with a DECENT radio, sure...but it's just a used Slash with a used brushless system with what is likely an RTR radio.

Sure it has all kinds of cool extras. That's great. Not bashing the truck (no particular like for them, but no particular dislike), it's just not worth much money.
so what would be a good bashing truck? would my money be better spent upgrading my old rc10 b4 buggy It needs a radio esc and motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.