Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is this worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default is this worth buying?

Hello im new and looking to get back into RC and yes I know this is not really the spot for this. would this be worth getting if the price was right.(Nice Vintage RC 10t RTR, futaba radio and reciever, novak rooster speed control and battery (2200mah) also comes with charger, everything you need to get started.This car is super clean and in excellent condition)...if so how much is to much...thanks......Big Dawg
Old 12-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i would say $100-maybe depends on what its worth to you. You wont be competitve with it, if you were plan on racing. Battery's prolly toast...who knows about the other electronics.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I would look for something else. Everything is outdated and old, parts and support will be scarce. Maybe the RC10 would be a good collector item, but not for someone who actually wants to run and get some hard use out of it. There are many better options available.

Get a newer vehicle with newer electronics. Go brushless and lipo and you will be glad you did. There are still ways to do that on a budget, and it will be a much better experience IMO.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default thanks guys for the quick response

Thank You
Old 12-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree with SimpleChamp. Go to your local track and see what's hot that way you know that store will be stocked with parts and you'll always have a class or your own to race with and won't be forced into other classes. As far as electronics, buy em new or buy em from somebody you know hasn't abused em or you will probably be buying problems. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayGT2
I agree with SimpleChamp. Go to your local track and see what's hot that way you know that store will be stocked with parts and you'll always have a class or your own to race with and won't be forced into other classes. As far as electronics, buy em new or buy em from somebody you know hasn't abused em or you will probably be buying problems. Good luck.

Tower Hobbies has the easy pay option which is nice. You can get a rtr brushless for around $80 to 120$ over 3 months and you receive the product within 5 to 7 days.