Search

Tamiya DF-02/TEU-104BK Random Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:14 AM
lcs
Tech Rookie

Default Tamiya DF-02/TEU-104BK Random Acceleration

Hi,

I’m new to R/C cars. I bought a Tamiya Plasma Edge for my son. DF-02 chassis including with a TEU-104BK speed controller, and an ACOMS Techniplus 2 channel radio. Went together OK, and all seems to work as it ought bar two problems, which may or may not be linked :

1) Speed controller has had occasionally sulked at switch on and just sat flashing it LED and ignoring transmitter
2) It will be going nicely, and then occasionally decide to engage full forward acceleration !
It has had a couple of hours running in total, with a few inevitable minor bumps but nothing too severe. I’ve tried recalibrating the ESC, reconnecting wires etc but with no obvious effect. It is the randomness that has me baffled. Anyone any thoughts? Interference between the motor / ESC and receiver is one possibility.

Thanks!