Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Interesting Editorial: TLR 22 Timing >

Interesting Editorial: TLR 22 Timing

Interesting Editorial: TLR 22 Timing

Old 12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
Was at the race, held the car in my hands. Though I feel it is a MUCH needed injection of technology and design for the all but dead buggy class, the thing is a tank.

There were 2 at the race, one finished first, but it wasn't the fastest car on the track. All the locals wanted to try and race Cavalerri, it was hard for him to get out and free to race Evens. Mind you Evans drove a hell of a race, Chambers finished deep in the A, with a boat Load of B4.1s between the 2.

The car is new, it will get better too. You have to rememer Losi was litterally racing a 10 year old buggy platform, there is no-way they were going to sell anymore of them with the other car's getting better.
Had fastest time overall in qualifying with Dustin....Ryan (16.251) did have a faster lap in the 2nd main while pushing to catch Dustin who had a fast lap of 16.312 in qualifying. For the first time in race format it did pretty good.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Is some idiot from a basher site really worth listening to?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

lol, what a joke. One of the reason why SCT class is so popular and fun is due to being 2wd which makes it more challenging. Obviously no talent for those test drivers with the 22. Be great to see 1/10 make a huge comeback, all 4 classes - 2wd buggy, 2wd truck, 2wd nitro truck and 4wd buggy.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Dead class? My local track had a D-main 2w mod class last week.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chunkyb
Is some idiot from a basher site really worth listening to?
At least not that guy!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

I think you guys are a little touchy. It sounds more like he was sarcastic and giving the internet-experts-who-knowitall a little ribbing. He actualy said it looked stunning and couldn't wait to drive on in the first paragraph
Old 12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stregone
I think you guys are a little touchy. It sounds more like he was sarcastic and giving the internet-experts-who-knowitall a little ribbing. He actualy said it looked stunning and couldn't wait to drive on in the first paragraph
That's what I perceieved too. I believe BigSquid is local to me which may have a big influence to how the author looks at a particlar class. By going by the amount of turnout with 2wd buggy (and 4wd buggy)at the track I race at; he does have valid points. I'm sure in other parts of the country 1/10 buggy classes have a good following but here in IL, not as much compared to the SCT class or 1/8th scale. Last Wednesday when I raced, there was a low turnout for 1/10th buggy that the 2wd and 4wd ran together.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can understand why bashers with pathetic driving ability wouldn't want this thing. You need "Skills" to drive a 2WD buggy with any success. If they wanted to improve at all, they'd pick one up. That class will make you a better driver. Sadly, too many people are of the "Video Game" generation, and would rather hit a reset button than learn anything. I bet they'd be more stoked if it were nitro. We'll put playing cards in the spokes for that crowd...
Old 12-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I totally agree on the timing argument. For the majority of the country 2WD is primarily a indoor seasonal class. Dropping a new car towards the end of the indoor season is not going to be the best timing for a successful (i.e. sales) launch.

Rumor I've heard from an insider is the Losi 22 was supposed to originally launch in Oct, but of course met delays and it slid until "first quarter of 2011" which is very unfortunate for them.

Still going to be very interesting to watch, during the 2011 fall indoor season.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

At our track 1/10 buggy is probably one of the fastest growing classes at the moment and for the price I'll have a hard time not trying a 22. I'll be honest though, RC is hard to predict, though the negative attitude towards 2wd has been painfully prevalent lately. Even the RC magazines seem convinced it's a dead class.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

At my local track, in the Pacific NW, 2wd buggy has been the largest and single most consistent class over the years. Classes like 4wd buggy, and even stadium truck come and go but 2wd buggy has always been there to stay.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Wow, good to see all the opinions...

That being said, it was interesting on how the author hinted at a potential "RC10B5" in Fall/Winter of 2011. It makes sense; I work in the auto industry, and the B4.1 seems like more of a mid-cycle refresh than an all-new model.

Cool nonetheless. I remember all the versions of the RC10's in 1993...I think I bought 3:

1) RC10, Graphite
2) RC10, Gold Tub
3) RC10 Championship Edition

Fun times. I'm glad Losi is reinvigorating the 2WD Buggy class...hopefully all the SCT graduate to this level eventually.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Just read the article. what crock of shiznak. LoL. Hard to drive, I dont even know where to start with that one. And as for bashing...who really does that anymore? When you get into racing, bashing seems...kinda pointless. No challenge there. If thats his argument I guess he enjoys playing with himself

Now as far as timing there is a point there. I too am EAGERLY awaiting the new durango 2wd, I also think Losi kinda took the alum. chassis idea and ran with it after how well the rangos drive. But thats just speculation

I do think its a great looking car and although it has e-clips at a few ends I think its an awesome design. I am still considering it but I will wait for the dex210 first before I make up my mind.

As for the article, that guy is just a Losi hater or just has nothing to do with his time but bash a really nice up coming car or is just a hater that cant drive and chooses to drive 1/8th..but honestly who cant drive 1/8th? lol. Granted some better than others, but even my gf drove my truggy around the track with no issues. Theyre big and simple to drive. This guy needs to step inside a real 1/10 scale and watch a good 2w mod race and then talk about whats fast and what takes skill.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

It's the perfect time. It will give team drivers 7 months to dial it in for the IFMAR Worlds in July and others 5 months.

As for Team Assoicated and the B5? traditionally they do not show a new car until the Worlds happen or just before. Which means a few monthe later until us normal folks get them.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kent Beal
It's the perfect time. It will give team drivers 7 months to dial it in for the IFMAR Worlds in July and others 5 months.

As for Team Assoicated and the B5? traditionally they do not show a new car until the Worlds happen or just before. Which means a few monthe later until us normal folks get them.
Didnt they come just come out with the 4.1? I dont know much about the AE cars but for a b5 to come it seems too soon. I would like to see what Kyosho comes up with though, if they decide to revise the rb5 sp2 or just come out with a new kit. Either way its all speculation. I think the TLR is going to be a good car, looks good on the track from the vids Ive seen and I wouldnt hesitate to buy one. And if its not to my liking the beauty of it is I can just sell it lol, but overall I would buy the car. Every 2wd platform just looks the same and offers up the same thing, this just looks cool and appealing in every way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.