Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi XX4 parts availability >

Losi XX4 parts availability

Losi XX4 parts availability

Old 12-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi XX4 parts availability

So its been a few years since I was into RC racing, but still have my Losi XX4, and whatever the comparable Associated and Losi 2wd cars were from 10 years ago. Still have all my brushed modified motors, com lathe, etc.

I am thinking of getting back into the 4wd class, however, what is the availability of XX4 parts?

Thanks for the info.
Lee
Old 12-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lstew
So its been a few years since I was into RC racing, but still have my Losi XX4, and whatever the comparable Associated and Losi 2wd cars were from 10 years ago. Still have all my brushed modified motors, com lathe, etc.

I am thinking of getting back into the 4wd class, however, what is the availability of XX4 parts?

Thanks for the info.
Lee
You may be able to get some of the parts - arms, etc... I know the chassis mold is damaged, however, and you won't be able to get a new chassis.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Parts are still out for the XX-4 since it was only discontinued few years ago after the Re-release was out and is still one of the best 4WD buggies out there. Two good sites to check out are;
- Amain http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...Team-Losi-XX-4
- LPH http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...WCE/Categories
However more and more 4wd buggies are coming out and stores aren't keeping that many parts for older kits in stock now. If your in the market for a new 4wd check out the Team Durango DEX410R.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Parts are still out for the XX-4 since it was only discontinued few years ago after the Re-release was out and is still one of the best 4WD buggies out there. Two good sites to check out are;
- Amain http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...Team-Losi-XX-4
- LPH http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...WCE/Categories
However more and more 4wd buggies are coming out and stores aren't keeping that many parts for older kits in stock now. If your in the market for a new 4wd check out the Team Durango DEX410R.
Yes both stores had parts for them. Also try ebay as well. Have found hard to find parts for the car on there.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've got a NIP set of front arms, Carbon I believe...
Old 12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
You may be able to get some of the parts - arms, etc... I know the chassis mold is damaged, however, and you won't be able to get a new chassis.
I think I might have a extra xx4 NIP chassis laying around, that I'll sell. It may even be graphite too! PM me if your interested.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Anyone have an extra front side belt?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for the help. Will take a look at car and see what parts, if any, I need to get her back up and running fast. Maybe interested in that chasis.

Oh, and what are the chances these new LiPo saddle packs will fit in it?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up XX4 Parts

lstew - Your story is just like mine. I dug out all of my old XX4 stuff and went through it all and then found a set of XX4's on ebay and bought those up for parts, bought a couple Lipo packs and went to the local track and ran it a couple of times. I mounted the lipo on the motor side and it fits with minimal mods and just about balances out.

I was running with a couple of Shumy Cats and the latest B44's. You could tell I was running around with my 12 year old antique (with 12 year old tires), but after starting 6th out of 7, I made my way into 3rd and stayed there for a bit. until I lost a hub screw and had rear wheel drive with one front tire.

Not bad at all - I was impressed I could still do it!

So impressed that I upgraded to a current truck and am ready to unload a ready to run (minus electrics) XX4, a xx4 that is dis-assembled and made parts ready incase anything broke, and a street weapon ready to go (minus electrics).

They are still competitive and if you are around a bumpy track, it might just be the pick for a race.

Let me know if you have any interest in the lot or parts.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AirTime604
I think I might have a extra xx4 NIP chassis laying around, that I'll sell. It may even be graphite too! PM me if your interested.
Hi Airtime604!

Sorry for disturbing you but do you still have your NIP chassis? If so, PLEASE let me know! Many thanks in advance! Best regards!

Heli
Old 05-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helios1
Hi Airtime604!

Sorry for disturbing you but do you still have your NIP chassis? If so, PLEASE let me know! Many thanks in advance! Best regards!

Heli
I've got one. PM sent with pic.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

ive got a bag full of new xx4 parts.. not really sure what i have any.. tons of belts , bulkheads... a new graphite chassis..

if anyones looking to stock up on parts let me know and i can give you a run down of what i got