R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   What's the most indestructible electric 4x4 off-road truck (1/10 scale)? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/458641-whats-most-indestructible-electric-4x4-off-road-truck-1-10-scale.html)

Little-Acorn 12-04-2010 08:45 PM

What's the most indestructible electric 4x4 off-road truck (1/10 scale)?

Some people tell me the Traxxas Slash is pretty indestructible - is that true for the Slash 4x4 also?

Other say the HPI Savage. Yet others say others, etc.

I'm interestd mostly in right-out-of-the-box trucks. I know it's possible to take an ordinary truck, put RPM and aluminum everything on it, and wind up with a tank. But I'm looking for something that's pretty crash-resistant right out of the box, maybe with just a few minor mods.

I'd rather spend my bench time modifying the driveline for more speed, than spend it beefing up the suspension, steering etc. (or repairing same). So a medium-speed truck that survives crashes, is better then a blazingly fast one that keeps breaking when my sons and I do dumb things. I can make a medium-speed truck into a faster one, later on.

What do you consider to be a VERY sturdy 4-wheel-drive electric offroad truck?

(Getting tired of fixing my old RC10T's)

Thanx all!

jglaze 12-04-2010 08:52 PM

A slash 4X4 would probably be one of your better choices imo

BC slasher 12-04-2010 10:25 PM

the slash 4x4 is a very tough truck.i have raced mine hard for almost a year now and i am more than impresed on its constrution.when they first came out the only real issue was the axles were bending,the metal was soft,but im preety sure they have corrected the issue.

monkee 12-04-2010 10:27 PM

slash

Amoeba 12-05-2010 04:35 AM

You mention both the Slash and the Savage. Are you racing or just bashing? If you're just bashing and want a 4x4 off-road truck and the type (SCT, MT, electric, nitro, etc) doesn't factor in then the Savage is by far the most bulletproof truck there is. They are designed to take enormous amounts of punishment and is a proven sturdy design. I've had a couple and they are definitely the truck I'd hand to my 5yr old or anyone else to have fun with without any qualms.

Trust me, if you want to test a car to see if it will break, hand it to my 5yr old. He once managed to get a Savage stuck 5ft up IN A TREE with no jump or ramp. I have no idea how it happened, magic maybe.

RCaddict0 12-05-2010 04:47 AM

Well, Traxxas in general makes durable trucks. Stronger than most. The Savage will take a beating as well. Any of the big MTs are tuff. I have a ERBE(brushless Revo) ans Ive broken only a handful of parts after the worst high speed wrecks.Only 40mph+ wrecks into curbs or landing high jumps and the rear skid hitting a rock or something when I land. Other than that its very strong aswell. But any thing has its limits. You could check out the new 4x4 Stampede, its a MT based off the Slash 4x4 and the original Pede is strong, so....
Traxxas, Traxxas, Traxxas