R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-08-2014, 02:28 AM   #21181
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixx View Post
Hello,

I've been having some issue with the 22 steering and was wondering if anyone on this forum can provide some help. I have adjusted steering trim to ensure the the car is running at a straight line when no steering input is applied. I have also adjusted the end point so that at full left/right turn the steering diameters are the same size (left turn circle = right turn circle).

My issue is that when applying power during a right turn, the turn is significantly tighter (smaller in diameter) than when apply power during a left turn. I've been struggling to fine a solution to this problem for quite some time but to no avail.

Thanks
Try raising your ride height in the front a little and maybe lowering the rear slightly. There are plenty of setup changes you can make to gain/reduce on/off power steering.
Less negative camber in the front
Softer front spring
Lighter shock oil
Lay the shocks further over to get more body roll
More droop
Lower roll center
The list goes on and on. I'd start with the most simple changes first (ride height).
Errokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:47 AM   #21182
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hello,

I've been having some issue with the 22 steering and was wondering if anyone on this forum can provide some help. I have adjusted steering trim to ensure the the car is running at a straight line when no steering input is applied. I have also adjusted the end point so that at full left/right turn the steering diameters are the same size (left turn circle = right turn circle).

My issue is that when applying power during a right turn, the turn is significantly tighter (smaller in diameter) than when apply power during a left turn. I've been struggling to fine a solution to this problem for quite some time but to no avail.

Thanks
Have you checked your diff? Or the other rear drive components for binding of any kind?
If the steering and front end are all even the turn can be effected by the drive.
ARCR Member
TLR 22 2.0, TLR 22 1.5, TLR 22T, Hobao Hyper 10SC.
Blue 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:33 AM   #21183
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks

Usually a busted inner hub bearing or over tightened wheels. But, make sure all suspension components are free front and rear and make sure the exposed shock shafts are the same length left and right.
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 AM   #21184
Tech Master

Shock length is different left to right if the car is not mechanically OK, or tweaked suspension.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #21185
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errokk View Post
Try raising your ride height in the front a little and maybe lowering the rear slightly. There are plenty of setup changes you can make to gain/reduce on/off power steering.
Less negative camber in the front
Softer front spring
Lighter shock oil
Lay the shocks further over to get more body roll
More droop
Lower roll center
The list goes on and on. I'd start with the most simple changes first (ride height).
Readjusted all the camber on all 4 wheels and that seemed to have solved the issue. I thought I have adjusted the camber on the car, but guess not. Thank you for all your help.
Cheers
gixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #21186
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Stock Gearing

Hey guys whats the best gearing for a stock running a MM car with a Trinity Killshot has a 12.5 rotor..Not a real tight track...Thanks
Old 09-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #21187
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Readjusted all the camber on all 4 wheels and that seemed to have solved the issue. I thought I have adjusted the camber on the car, but guess not. Thank you for all your help.
Cheers
Glad I could be of assistance. I'm not a pro by any means lol! Cheers
Errokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
losi, tlr