Wiki Posts
Search

RC10GT vs. HPI Rush

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default RC10GT vs. HPI Rush

Hi all,

Once again my mind is wandering, and I'm thinking of getting a nitro car, just to mess about with.

I'm pretty up to speed on electric car's, but gas is a mystery to me, so i thought i should really learn a bit about it first hand.

Anyway, the car will just be for running around the street and the park, with the possibility of racing (although there's a lack of clubs around), so i was thinking of a 2wd truck.

The only one's that seem generally available over here are the HPI and the Associated's (apart from that Thunder Tiger junk), although I suppose a Losi or a Kyosho could be found with a bit of legwork.

From my initial research, the Rush seems to have a few durability issues, with an easily bended chassis, even with the updated version, and camber links problems. However HPI are really user friendly. The rush has a .15 pull-start.

The GT is available over here as an RTR, with a pull start .15 and a wheel radio I think for £300, but that seems to have a non-race spec and an ugly body. So I'm looking at the Team Built car, which over her costs about £25 more than the rush, seems to have a better spec, but comes with a .12 p/s engine (our spec seems different to the US one). The only thing I've seen that bothers me about the RC10 is this "cutting down the crankshaft" business.

So, anyone got any extra input? I'm veering towards the Associated, unless it's particularly user-unfriendly or fragile.

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can't go wrong with the gt, it's pretty tough. The rtr gt doesn't have bearings in the US so you might check it out. I don't know if you can get one over there but a traxxas nitro rustler is a good choice for bashing also.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Just to let you know I am now the proud owner of an RC10 GT Team built, w/ .15 associated pullstart.

I let the credit card take the financial blow.
Old 04-20-2002, 01:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think you'll be happy with it, good luck...
Old 05-11-2002, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

RC10GT rules, hard to break easy to get parts for and upgrade as needed, HPI is OK except they are not as easy to get parts for.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

That all depends on your lhs so dont talk bad about HPI they are a great company and have very helpful employees
Old 03-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by chadgreen
That all depends on your lhs so dont talk bad about HPI they are a great company and have very helpful employees
I agree hpi makes good products for the prices. I don't think you needed to jump on semo racer as he said nothing bad about hpi. Now with that in mind, go price a ball diff for the rush, then price one for the gt. That should make a persons mind up right there...
Old 03-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Bud
Tech Master

Default Re: RC10GT vs. HPI Rush

Originally posted by sosidge
The only one's that seem generally available over here are the HPI and the Associated's (apart from that Thunder Tiger junk), although I suppose a Losi or a Kyosho could be found with a bit of legwork.
Ummmmm, this is kinda funny. The Associated 15 motors are made by Thunder Tiger. They call them an AE 15, but Thunder Tiger maked them. Don't worry about it, though. They're a good motor. You bought a great truck. I have two of them.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Hpi is a great company if your looking to bash they do not make really competitive race cars (except for the pro 4). If your going to bash and barely ever race I would get the rs4nmt2 or the ss you will have much more fun with 4wd and it will handle much better. I have the original nmt and its a blast and it has an O.S. 18cvr in it. I also have a gt and its fun too but you can only do so much as traction is limited so the rear likes to kick out. you also go through spur gears because the chassis flexes in the back.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Having owned both, get the GT. the Rush is a nice truck, but for bashing, it's no tougher than an X-Cellerator or a Nitro Evader. the GT is a lot tougher...
personally, if I were to buy a new basher truck, get the Evader. awesome engine, great chassis, and just as tough as the Rush with none of the goofy crap like the non-bellcrank steering.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mstng87gt
I also have a gt and its fun too but you can only do so much as traction is limited so the rear likes to kick out. you also go through spur gears because the chassis flexes in the back.
Either you have the tub version, or you're not setting the mesh properly. I've only stripped one spur gear ever, and that's b/c a stick got wedged in there. And trust me, my gt is abused.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

how much is the rc10gt? the only reason im leaning towards that is that you guys are saying the rush is s weak car and that was my other option. any other info about these 2 cars woudl b apriciated.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Guess I can't give ya much more info. Other than the GT is known to be one of the most bulletproof trucks their is. And it's super easy to work on. You can get any one thing off it without taking apart a bunch of other stuff.

The rush isn't a bad truck, just not in the gt's league.

Price, well brand new rtr goes about 280 for a gt. But you can find em on ebay for cheaper ready to run. Just don't expect the motor on an ebay one to last forever. Personally I think buying from forums is more trustworthy, but you're more protected on ebay.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default used vs new

Personally, I wouldn't buy any more than a rolling chassis for a GT used. the only thing it'd NEED is a shock and diff rebuild, maybe a couple fractured parts replaced. for $100, that wouldn't be a bad deal...then you can drop more coin on a wicked engine/radio.
obviously, you're best off buying a NEW truck, because you know what you're getting.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the help guys i think im going to the the rc10 if i save up some money. some people are telling me to get an evader st though. they say its faster and stronger. would it be worth it to look into one of those?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.